or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

Agreed that if you've had it before it would be a good booster opportunity for YOU in hopes of avoiding shingles down the road, and as for the other kids, you could play it by ear.  By 2mos old, I was far less concerned about things floating around for DD, and was psyched when we thought she had a potential pox exposure at 9mos from a neighbor - turned out to be a false alarm, but I wasn't overly concerned about her age.  Growing up, I had a friend who's mother divorced,...
It was only a matter of time....sort of a you must know your enemy to defeat them - because that's how they view us.  Look at all the articles popping up about "I was once anti-vax then I saw the light". They take what they see/think to be common denominators among the non-vaxing, everything from cloth diapers, to breastfeeding, to organic food, to voodoo () - anything they see becomes fair game in an effort to buddy up to the non-vaxxers and somehow sway us to the dark...
Been there already with the pediatrician, and me? Haven't had a "PCP" in over...10 years now?  Just the ND, who doesn't accept insurance to avoid all the bs, but I love her to death and don't mind paying out of pocket for her advice - DH still needs a bit of convincing that just because we have insurance doesn't mean we need to see these crazy MD's to make use of it!  The less docs I see, the healthier I am, funny how that works.
Applejuice I think your family should be observed by scientists as a comparison for the epigenetics debate and how vaccines have a generational effect   I'm hopeful that my own kiddo(s) will follow my footsteps and we can reverse the damage in future generations!
Not saying this isn't horrible, but that's absolutely a freak accident and not the norm and could happen to anyone, anywhere, any age and I wouldn't stop playing with balloons.  Heck, every birthday party I ever had from age 2 on, involved a bunch of kids stomping and popping balloons to find a piece of paper my mother had hidden in one to get a prize.  Age appropriate is a pretty broad term - what's good for one kid isn't always good for another.  My DD still occasionally...
I'd love to know who got her panties in a wad to start her off in this direction to begin with.  To be so spiteful and full of hatred - over someone else's decisions!!  I mean she really does dedicate her life to being negative.  Imagine that poor kid growing up in that environment...hell all that stress is more toxic than any disease out there!
Two Siamese  mixes and 2 Australian Shepherds for us.  Cat trees are a must, various heights and locations, don't need to be fancy, but cats need elevation to feel secure and be happy.  We've got ours on an Invisible Fence system inside due to marking issues and DH's allergies so they can't come down the hall to the bedrooms (it's an open floor ranch) and have minimal furniture access (couches), but they've got plenty of other places to climb and scratch and stretch...
We're hoping to get DD into a pre-k 3 program this fall.  I was home with her for 6mos and have been working part time since then and she stays at our house with my FIL and runs errands and whatnot with him, so pretty low-level exposure to other kids, but not zero exposure.  I'm not incredibly concerned about her health wise - we eat good, take supplements, stay home when need be so it's less of a concern I suppose. It's not a standard public school and there are kids...
Well it's just in the nature of the disease infested, plague spreading, suck pumps of society that we non-vaxxers are, riding on the coattails of immunity from the vaxxers to protect us all....even when vaccinations don't exist!  
I'd be interested in numbers as well.  To the best of my knowledge, last flu-like incidence for me was somewhere around 10 yrs old, so easily 20 years ago, and I say flu-like because I've never been tested - my mother always insisted we stay home and rest until better.  So we've never done the ER rush to see why there was exorcism-like vomit coming out; just assumed it was fairly contagious and waited for it to run its course through the house.  It could be that I've not...