or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

Not saying this isn't horrible, but that's absolutely a freak accident and not the norm and could happen to anyone, anywhere, any age and I wouldn't stop playing with balloons.  Heck, every birthday party I ever had from age 2 on, involved a bunch of kids stomping and popping balloons to find a piece of paper my mother had hidden in one to get a prize.  Age appropriate is a pretty broad term - what's good for one kid isn't always good for another.  My DD still occasionally...
I'd love to know who got her panties in a wad to start her off in this direction to begin with.  To be so spiteful and full of hatred - over someone else's decisions!!  I mean she really does dedicate her life to being negative.  Imagine that poor kid growing up in that environment...hell all that stress is more toxic than any disease out there!
Two Siamese  mixes and 2 Australian Shepherds for us.  Cat trees are a must, various heights and locations, don't need to be fancy, but cats need elevation to feel secure and be happy.  We've got ours on an Invisible Fence system inside due to marking issues and DH's allergies so they can't come down the hall to the bedrooms (it's an open floor ranch) and have minimal furniture access (couches), but they've got plenty of other places to climb and scratch and stretch...
We're hoping to get DD into a pre-k 3 program this fall.  I was home with her for 6mos and have been working part time since then and she stays at our house with my FIL and runs errands and whatnot with him, so pretty low-level exposure to other kids, but not zero exposure.  I'm not incredibly concerned about her health wise - we eat good, take supplements, stay home when need be so it's less of a concern I suppose. It's not a standard public school and there are kids...
Well it's just in the nature of the disease infested, plague spreading, suck pumps of society that we non-vaxxers are, riding on the coattails of immunity from the vaxxers to protect us all....even when vaccinations don't exist!  
I'd be interested in numbers as well.  To the best of my knowledge, last flu-like incidence for me was somewhere around 10 yrs old, so easily 20 years ago, and I say flu-like because I've never been tested - my mother always insisted we stay home and rest until better.  So we've never done the ER rush to see why there was exorcism-like vomit coming out; just assumed it was fairly contagious and waited for it to run its course through the house.  It could be that I've not...
Sure - the day doctors begin to acknowledge adverse reactions for what they are and the medical exemptions skyrocket, and when all states are allowed a philosophical option for those who don't want to risk even needing a medical exemption which would be all inclusive of the religious reasons for opting out - then they can get rid of religious reasoning.  But unfortunately for people like me who can't get an MD to sign off on a medical exemption, where philosophical isn't...
So you can smoke a recreational joint but you can't say no to vaccines.....must be thinking long term that all these kids will need to smoke heavily to overcome all the autoimmune issues and life threatening allergies they will have?? 
Yep!  Isn't that pretty much how all those "childhood" illnesses work?  Get it during the age appropriate time frame while you are least likely to suffer consequences because you are best equipped to fight it off, and spare yourself later on in life. I don't see why it wouldn't apply to the flu as well - get all you can while you are healthy then coast through old age on natural immunity...I like that as opposed to the alternatives!
She did talk to us about bone broth and I do have a TON in the freezer, chicken, and it's just a matter of pulling it out   I do freeze most of it in silicon ice trays then pop out into freezer bags so It's small serving sizes, I just have to get in the habit of using it for something other than cooking!  I do want to whip up a beef batch as well.  You def have more restrictions, kudos to you!  We do lots of fruit and honey for sweetening but no processed sugars.    I...