or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

Breathe.  Use rescue remedy to keep calm (love that stuff!).  And I would never vax while a child is sick - that's the number one contraindication on EVERY vaccine and basically the hallmark of vaccination is that vaccines only work for the healthy!  Vaccines lower the immune system in the immediate and would make your LO's more susceptible to anything out there in the first 2 or so week following vaccination.  Since they have already been exposed, there really isn't much...
ISR - Hands down best money I have ever spent on my DD's safety!  Actually I love it so much I bought a registration gift card for my friend who's due in April.  Mommy and me classes rely on swimmies and noodles and vests and all variety of things that are NOT always present in a body of water.  ISR is not about swimming or teaching technique - it is 100% catered to the individual child and what works for them.   We started with DD at a little over a year, and she by far...
http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/12/01/mice-inherit-specific-memories-because-epigenetics/Crazy stuff.  And if fear of particular smells can be transmitted generationally, why can't issues from vaccines?  It's been well known for years in animal studies that certain species know to avoid plants that would be harmful to them - but how do they know?  Most theories point to parental avoidance which leads to offspring avoidance - more behavioral than anything. But...
Wow.  Ok rotavirus is not much of an issue over 6mos and that was probably the ONLY vax our original ped didn't fuss over us not doing!  We had done the 2mo and at 4mos she was sick so we postponed and at 5mos we declined the rotateq and after that point she actually said it wasn't worth doing!  So it seems ridiculous to require that for school aged kids who should know better than to eat poop..... Requiring employees to get CP vax? Um, for the most part the current...
Legos....have you seen the "girly" legos??? They are all about shopping, laying by the pool, riding ponies and have very little to actually build!  Thank god I saved all my pirates and imperial guard legos at my parents house because at least they require building and DD loves pirates! My biggest gripe lately is the characters.  I went to buy a pair of winter boots, thought a generic shoe store would do - all they had was dora the explorer - which we don't watch.  Many...
No way! Ha, I like that song but I never knew the words other than the chorus! I bet there are others out there...
Speaking of ice cream, I'm eating some homemade stuff right now...of the coconut milk variety! I did love ice cream, but giving up dairy because of DD's sensitivities (and my own) brought me to the world of coconut milk ice cream and OMG it's heavenly
We just left our original ped for a naturopath - best decision ever! Sounds like you've got a healthy LO so keep it up!
A shot of polysorbate 80 with breakfast for me please, mmmm!
Since many activities differ when you have a LO that eats or at least samples everything (like ours at that age!!) I can give you things that have worked for us.   1. Water play has always been huge for DD and I would put my large crock pot (the ceramic portion) on a towel, on the tile floor, filled with water.  I'd strip her down to her cloth diaper, give her a few spoons and cups and just let her go to town, from scooping, to pouring, to climbing right on in! ...