or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

Good luck getting that in the US, and from what I remember you received the leaflet after vaccination not prior to, so doesn't help one to make a choice if you don't have the info up front.  I've never received any information about vaccine safety, not when we were vaxxing DD and not for myself prior to stopping.
So when's the last time a doc told you about Guillain barre when you got your flu vax? Because it's listed right on the vaccine insert...kind of an important thing to knowhttp://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM263239.pdf
Haven't had to go this route yet, but with DD being a daredevil it's a very real possibility that we will have an ER visit at some point (but I'm pretty relaxed on most injuries and with DH is an EMT and I've been through the class just never certified, so it has to be pretty severe to warrant a trip to the hospital!). This is my thought of how I would respond - that she has what she needs and leave it at that.  We have a very pro-vax friend who's an ER nurse and in the...
Since we often talk about vaccines alongside other environmental triggers with various autoimmune and nervous system disorders I found this study interesting regarding GMO's being passed on through breast milk. http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_29697.cfm They initially claimed it was excreted and thus considered safe, but not it's being shown to pass onto nurslings via breastmilk.Of course they would raise the limit so that these new findings wouldn't cause...
I haven't withheld our vax status, BUT, it's never been posed like that in a question.  I've been asked when DD had well baby visits if she cried for her shots or my MIL would often ask what she was getting.  For MIL I got sick of playing nice, and basically said she's not getting any now nor will she ever be, end of discussion. The others, well we did vax at 2 and 5mos and she screamed horribly, and I've explained that to people, I've talked about it being an issue with...
I birthed without pain meds so makes no difference to me!
 Tread carefully Maxineleman - you're on the I'm not vaxxing forum and this is post #2 with questionable intent.
Emergency huh?  Ugh.  Preplanned doesn't constitute an emergency.....
 This about sums it up for me too!
My whole response wasn't geared at you - more that your first sentence about eliminating the support forums triggered me.  I don't even know where you fall on the "debate" because like you said, you don't post much. There are plenty of people here who spend way too much time worrying about others and my point is that I don't care what happens on the VOS forums, I don't go there, don't read them!  They could be bashing the NVers left and right and I'd be blissfully unaware...