or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

I haven't withheld our vax status, BUT, it's never been posed like that in a question.  I've been asked when DD had well baby visits if she cried for her shots or my MIL would often ask what she was getting.  For MIL I got sick of playing nice, and basically said she's not getting any now nor will she ever be, end of discussion. The others, well we did vax at 2 and 5mos and she screamed horribly, and I've explained that to people, I've talked about it being an issue with...
I birthed without pain meds so makes no difference to me!
 Tread carefully Maxineleman - you're on the I'm not vaxxing forum and this is post #2 with questionable intent.
Emergency huh?  Ugh.  Preplanned doesn't constitute an emergency.....
 This about sums it up for me too!
My whole response wasn't geared at you - more that your first sentence about eliminating the support forums triggered me.  I don't even know where you fall on the "debate" because like you said, you don't post much. There are plenty of people here who spend way too much time worrying about others and my point is that I don't care what happens on the VOS forums, I don't go there, don't read them!  They could be bashing the NVers left and right and I'd be blissfully unaware...
And that would be a very sad day.  I don't come here looking to debate, I come here because I've already made my decisions - not to vax, future home birth, breastfeeding, etc.  I don't care to hear garbage spewed about how my point of view is different and therefor wrong - it sucks sometimes to be an independent thinker and not follow the masses.  But that won't change my opinion.  Eliminating support forums doesn't hurt you if you do follow the crowd.  For those of us in...
This right here, and it's not just health, but responsibility in general.  I got into a HUGE heated discussion at work today with my coworker over school - she's oblivious to common core and standardized testing altogether, other than that "she likes it" because she claims standardized testing it what got her child (now 17) extra help.  NO, you got your child extra help by calling up the school.  She falls in the category that "teachers jobs are to teach, once I hand my...
LOVING!  I was a bit of an acetaminophen junkie in my mid-late 20's whenever I had a migraine (which was increasingly common and intense as I aged) - Excedrin Migraine was my go-to, until the day I realized it took me almost 6 pills - 3x the dosage - to even touch the pain.  Got back to a chiropractor but still had them, finally started going to an ND and that's when I first heard about MTHFR and how I most likely had it.  Removed gluten (was already dairy free for DD's...