or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

If I was to go by any of those "guidelines" I might just sign my DD up for college and assume she's a genius - I know she's not.  Sure she can speak more words and sentences than the "average" 2yo at only 17mos, but she's not as advanced on some of her fine motor skills and is frustrated by physical things - to me that's a common girl vs boy development.  They all catch up to one another eventually, just at their own pace.  I'm sure he's doing just fine, probably...
check out pintrest for freezer meals you can toss in the crockpot - you can piece everything together, and freeze in ziplock bags for whenever you need them, and the day of add what you didn't freeze and viola - dinner!  i make my own french toast sticks that way - cut the bread, soak, spread out on a cookie sheet and freeze then toss in a bag, takes about 15-18mins to cook when you want them!
This.  We are entering the terrible 2's early.  DD is 17mos, and while incredibly verbal for her age, she still cannot express or explain feelings and will ocassionally have a meltdown over the simplest things - like running out of beans or peas mid grocery shopping.  I only have so much time to get my shopping done and DH works odd hours and 24hr shifts at the firehouse so I'm quite often on my own.  I learned the hard way that she, much to my dismay, is a biter when...
Interesting.  I know there's a food connection to my migraines, although it's primarily the lack of, aka low blood sugar, that triggers mine.  I believe as a baby I was pretty fussy, drove my mother to crying with me, so maybe it started way back then.  My mother also had migraines and I suppose time will tell for my DD.  She's only 17mos old, partialy vaxxed (stopped at 5mos) and has been tested by an ND and doesn't tolerate dairy or oats.  Once I eliminated the dairy...
My DD LOVED her jumper at that age.  She had a floor one and one that we could hang on the door trim.  It was a short-lived love bc a month later she was cruising and wanted no part in containment, but it was a nice break and helped her develop some independence.  I worked outside during my pregnancy and was moving a lot so the first few mos, even once her colic was resolved, I was on my feet almost 24/7.  Tummy time didn't happen much at all!  My father in law did have...
Couldn't tell you the store name but I have seen entire cleaning sets at toy stores, not the big box ones but some of the smaller no name places at our local mall, I was pretty surprised and may have to take a trip and see if they still have them.  DD was still an infant when I went there last and I didn't know about all of this then!  My inlaws got her a toy vaccum for xmas but I also let her play with my dustbuster and recently showed her how to use a dust pan although...
Also fairly new to the Montessori in the home, but we have made some changes to where things are.  We have a tiny ranch so it's not feasable to set up "stations" for DD (17mos)around the house so we accomodate where we can.    In the kitchen, I moved a few things around to free up a bottom drawer that I set up wtih a utensil divider I had sitting in a closet and the drawer now contains DD's utensils, a cup (sippy - while she can drink from a regular glasss I'm not...
I found this site while browsing pinterest: http://www.howwemontessori.com/ , very cute ideas on how to set up areas.  Although if I gave my DD access to water she'd be soaking wet and naked 24/7 so there will be no water pitcher for her any time soon :-P    In general I've found LOADS of great stuff on pinterest, like cute but simplistic ways to set up a"dress up " area for kids' costumes - just search montessori or a particular set up (montessori kitchen,...
I don't see how reporting it would have any impact on those with compromised systems.  Perhaps knowing ahead of time to avoid the person, yes, but after the fact?  They've likely come across hundreds, if not thousands of other diseases, bacteria, and viruses for which there was no reporting.
Well we have a 17mo DD and I learned about Montessori schools before I got pregnant, but didn't realize until recently (like few mos ago) that there was more to it than school.  I guess it's a good thing that much of what I was doing fell in line with the methods.  DD has her own vacuum (although she prefers mine), and I've always encouraged her to help with day to day things like unloading the dishwasher, grooming the dogs - I recently gave her a bottom drawer in the...