or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

We're a dairy free house and my vegan friend turned me on to daiya and gave me the most AMAZING recipie to make an alfredo sauce that would be great on some pasta as a mac n cheese.  You take a head of cauliflower, chop it up and put in a large microwave safe bowl with unsweetened coconut milk and vegan butter (we use earth balance).  Cook for like 10mins to soften it up, then puree adding the daiya, salt and pepper....it's so good! I've used it on spaghetti squash, as a...
I'd say try for a time of day where its off limits, aka that nursing position routine and YOU become the pacifier be talking to him, rubbing him, soothing him.  I've always been a human paci for DD and even on some really nasty spills (2 black eyes and a fat lip - the lip being 5min ago!) just my reassurance and telling her all is well is more than enough to get by.  Granted we've done it that way from day one, but my point is eventually he will be without the paci and...
I did have a neighbor growing up who did this and was told he had an problem with location of something with his stomache and had a sugery I believe to pin it in place....I guess similar to animals who bloat and the stomache turns?  It was easily 20 yrs ago so clearly I may be missing details but the things I remember clearly were the random vomiting and the surgery to pin his stomache.  Now that said I'm not promoting surgery just relaying the story since the vomiting...
I can see Katie8681's point on this.  Education in one field doesn't always translate to being educated.  As I posted before I have many friends who are very educated - BA, MA, PhD - some in the medical field, some not, who have never questioned a doctor before, never researched vaxes, yet they are highly educated, very well off individuals.  I know people who are far less educated (my DH barely made it through high school) who have taken a path of questioning.  Between...
LOL, what is this peeing alone people speak of?  Even pre-child I have 2 cats and 2 dogs who barge in - even if I close the door!  So to make pee time productive we just use it as an opportunity to learn about the potty and she can either sit there in her clothes or if she'd like I strip her down and DD gets to try using her potty as well.  I'm budgeting for a leaning tower as well although in the mean time we push a chair to the counter and she does fine with that for...
Another ped, who does not see your DS, has ZERO right to view his medical records, and any attempt to bully anyone into getting him that info could actually be filled as a HIPPA violation, and if push comes to shove, you might just have to tell him that. I doubt your ex is running to the doc to update his boosters and chances are he's not up-to-date and will have far more contact with this child than your DS will. 
They have a suvey you can take, but it's like 5 questions and none of which seem useful at all. Can't wait to see all the crap that comes home with DD when she starts school :-P
In talking with someone about stopping vaxes with my DD bc of reactions she was dumbfounded that I would do such a thing bc "wouldn't it make other people sick by bringing diseases back"?!  Afterall, her husband had polio in his childhood (obviously he lived) vaccines were good enough to get rid of it and therefore she vaxxed her kids for everything under the sun bc she didn't want those diseases to come back.  I just stopped.  I can't argue my point with someone so...
Haha DD loves the "tinkle tinkle toot" as well and will open right up to that page!
All I know is, growing up I didn't know food allergies existed.  I went to a private catholic school, 120 kids k-8, and no one had food allergies - we knew everything about everyone being such a small group.  Now, I don't think I know a family who doesn't have a kid with a food/peanut allergy.  I've seen some of the lists that come home with friend's kids for what they can't bring to school - it's over 25 items long and all common foods.  I did have a convo a while back...