or Connect

Posts by LWruby

YippieHippie-   Awww, I love Peace as a middle name :) The world needs more peace! 
Kaydove-   That is really pretty! Girls' names are so fun :) I have 2 boys named Samuel and Mika and this next baby will be named either Edison Christopher or Edison Hayes... having trouble deciding on the middle name... 
I always love hearing other people's kids'/babies' names... Has anyone decided on a name for their soon-to-arrive little ones yet? And what are your other kids' names?
This will be a repeat (actually a 3peat ;)) csection for me. I am at peace with the fact that I'm having a csection and am prepared to make the best of it. For me, it is helpful to remind myself that my 1st section was vital...without it, neither me nor my oldest DS would be here! But I found the first section scary and, of course, not my ideal vision of a birth! My 2nd DS's section was a lot better because I knew what to expect and had come into the experience...
Hi jcwmama-   I'm going through something similar right now so I understand how this situation can be scary and confusing especially when they can't tell you "why" the fluid is low! I think it's important to remember that their numbers are only estimates and don't always reflect the actual amount of fluid accurately. So, yes, your fluid probably is low, BUT it may not be as low as they are telling you. They can only measure the fluid pockets they can see on U/S, and...
I have had a similar sensation since about 30 weeks, and unfortunately I think the only real remedy is giving birth, lol :)  I never had this sensation with my first 2 pregnancies, but I was told this baby is extremely low so I'm sure that has something to do with it. For me, it is almost a sensation of rectal pressure, which is very disconcerting.... not the most comfortable state in which to go about your daily routine! I have found that taking a warm bath...
This totally happened to me this pregnancy. I always ran hot with my first 2 pregnancies, and this time around, I am freeeeezing. My DH mocks me because I wear sweatpants, tshirt, hoodie and wool socks to bed (and I use a heated blanket on top of that!)  I'm 8.5 months pregnant now and still freezing, so it didn't go away the further along I got! My iron is fine... I think it's just different hormones this time! Congrats on your pregnancy & good luck!   -Ruby
Gunter-   I'm so happy to hear about your experience with the SNS... That is definitely something I might consider doing to help him gain weight early on! I really, really want to avoid formula but I am fearful it will be pushed because he will be so tiny.  Also, I had a breast reduction in 1996 so I need all the tips and tricks I can get to achieve and maintain a good milk supply! I'm encapsulating my placenta this time so I'm hoping the capsules can help with...
Thanks, Adaline's Mama!    First of all, love your daughter's name-- so pretty! This baby will be named Edison :)  We are definitely hoping that he is simply tiny, but otherwise fine!  Special birth plans.... I will be saving and encapsulating my placenta this time, which I have never done before. Still deciding whether to hire someone to make the capsules for me or just just let my DH do it (he offered!) This baby will be a repeat c-section (DS1 was...
HI mamas!   Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Ruby & I am due in February with my 3rd little boy. My other boys are 7 and 5 years old. We are super-excited for our latest little guy, but also slightly on edge. I was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid at 28 weeks (with a fluid measurement of only 5cm) and also baby's growth has been a concern throughout the pregnancy (he's very tiny). I was placed on bedrest and have been chugging tons of water and taking in...