or Connect

Posts by slmommy

You could try posting in the tribal section for recs/names...   I would suggest Dr. Sears Vax book as a place to start about vaccines in general.   You could also try family dr. instead of pedi... some people have more luck there. If you are interested in alternative... maybe a holistic dr./naturopath?   Good Luck!
  funny, I found it inflammatory. If there were a risk of dying from broken toe and if the state mandated childrens' toes be broken for school entry... well that was the comment I "neverminded."    Another poster stated she noticed it is a common misconception that vaccines = immune. I stated it is also not widely known that some vaccines shed. If that doesn't matter to some, fine. If some think it is of so little risk, fine. I don't really care if my kid gets cp from a...
Tig is Tetanus Immunoglobulin (an injection but not a vaccination), used when someone without tetanus shot history has a concerning injury. (ER would always also try to give vax as well).   It is a blood product, basically filtered antibodies of someone who had received tetanus shot, as far as I understand. Some non-vaxers like to know there is that option if ever needed, and some people as view it as reason to get tetanus shot... to avoid the need for tig, as it...
yeah, i got the point about the 2nd dose being added to schedule primarily because of primary failure, but why do you keep repeatinging things like this   2. Immunity from mmr is believed to be lifelong.   when I posted a ton of things stating otherwise, and not just someone speculating... measurable antibody response...    
  You are doing this to me too. Here I write a big post asking about MMR wearing off, and you latch onto one issue about MMR primary failure and the 2nd dose instead of what I was wanting to talk about.    On the other thread yesterday, I state that I think most parents don't realize some vax shed... and you latch onto how shedding essentially means nothing (in your opinion), when, really, you actually do agree with that I said... That most parents don't realize vax shed,...
  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1353711/pertussis-its-not-just-wa-state-2012-numbers-as-of-2-days-ago   post #18 stik   making up numbers is not ok. Would you like it if I say, oh, male infertility from mumps has only ever happened 3 times in all of history.... now go find studies that disprove that, or I will just keep repeating it.
  ...and possibly play a part in mutating pertussis, but we have already cycled through this whole discussion on every.single.other recent pertussis thread on these boards.  
  Am I alone in thinking that OPV shedding/infections are recognized because of the possible severity of the infection? I mean, someone gets a stomach bug, no one is going to think to test for which strand of rota... yk? Someone winds up with paralysis... there would be more testing/confirmation.   Whatever, everyone here agrees on the basic point I was trying to make anyway.