or Connect

Posts by mforeback

Pregnant hormones definitely do intensify emotions, including positive ones. Even little things just make me so happy lately! Examples:   I was sitting on my exercise ball when my dog came running up. He poked my belly with his nose, sniffing and wagging, and then tried to climb up on my lap. Needless to say that didn't work so well and I ended up on the floor with an ecstatically wagging golden retriever on top of me. He's so affectionate, always wanting to cuddle...
What do you use/have you used for nursing bras? Is there a particular brand/type that works well? Where do you find them? Or do you even need specific nursing bras - do sports bras or front-clasp bras work just as well?   TIA!
Any ideas for swollen fingers? My wedding ring is getting awful tight, and I'd rather not have to take it off. Is the swelling from just dehydration, or is there any other reason for it? Does eating more protein help with swelling?
I don't have any older children, but DH has been acting very needy lately. When he comes home from work, he wants to spend just about every minute together...if he can't sleep at night, he wakes me up (on purpose!!!) to complain about it, and will carry on for a while before taking my advice to help with whatever is keeping him up. Needs me for every little thing...I think he's actively looking for attention/affection from me. I don't know why. Did anyone else's DH do...
I'm moving just 5 days before my due date. I'd really like my baby to come before the move, and would love to know of ways to encourage it. Is there truly a mind-body-baby connection for starting labor? I like that idea best, although herbal remedies or gentle physical things (like sex) are good too.  
I've suddenly got the opposite problem. I've been cleaning like a crazy lady all day. I finally stopped because I know that if I keep going at this point I'll injure my back, but I feel antsy and keep thinking of things I need to clean. Need to dust the blinds, need to clean doggie nose-prints off the glass door, gotta go vacuum spider webs off the ceiling, sew the baby slings, rearrange the baby clothes & cloth diapers, go through the birth kit again, brush the dog,...
Oh my goodness, that is hilarious. You have cute kiddos, lucky that they're so fun-loving! :D
You're not the only one. :) I have stuff I want to/should be doing right now, and yet it's not happening. Can't say I have much help in the way of motivation, but empathy is here. 
Well, this makes for about 7 hours of false labor so far. Hope I have a fast labor when it actually starts! This is my first baby, and I'm really hoping for a fast labor over a long, drawn-out one. One thing going for me is that fast first labors run in the family, as do precipitous labors/births too! I know one Aunt whose first came in just 4 hours. When my mother had me, it was 1.5 hours, start to finish. And I know of one cousin who was a roadside baby, another who...
update:   This must be what they call prodromal labor. They stayed at 7 min apart, 1 min long for 3 hours, didn't stop for anything...and then fizzled out. Something similar happened yesterday. They were not as intense, and not nearly as regular - 10-15 min apart sitting down, 5-10 min apart standing. Today it was 7 min, regardless of what I was doing. How long is this going to keep happening before I actually start into labor...? I'm about 36 weeks now.   One...