or Connect

Posts by mforeback

Holy crap, I can NOT sit still through these contractions I'm having!! Is this normal for late pregnancy BH, or is this different? I used to be able to ignore/not even notice contrax...but these are intense! Totally have to be up and moving during them. This can't be labor already, can it? They're about 7 min apart, lasting 1-2 min each. Lots of hip/lower back pain with them. Any thoughts?
I use Nellie's laundry soap for everything. It has nothing yucky added to it, and is safe to use on cloth diapers. You can get it off of amazon.com, and it lasts for forever; the can I got over a month ago barely has a dent in it.
I only had them on my boobs for the longest time. After my baby "dropped", I suddenly got them on the underside of my bump. Almost overnight. Kinda odd...I'll be 36 weeks on Thursday. So, went almost the whole pregnancy without them!
That's really cute. :) I've been having contractions since 2am. I haven't been timing too closely, wanting to sleep, but they kept waking me up. There's been 6-8 per hour from 2-6am. Since I got up, they've been between 5-8 min apart, lasting probably 45-60 seconds. This has been going on for an hour now. This is my first baby, too, so I don't have previous experience. Does this sound like labor, or could it be prelabor still?   My dogs are still acting different....
I have 2 dogs & 2 cats. They've been attuned to and aware of this pregnancy since day 1, and have already shown unusual, pregnancy-specific related behavior (being overtly concerned about my whereabouts/wellbeing, protective, affectionate, ect). I've been having pre-labor signs for the past week or so, currently 35 weeks 4 days.   Tonight they've started up something kinda weird, though. They (all four) keep following me around, acting concerned/especially unusually...
Does anyone know any good things to do to help keep your pelvis in balance? Or to get it balanced if it's off? I've been getting a lot of pain/aches, especially on the left side. Probably a bit out of alignment, but I don't know what works well for that sort of thing. Ideas?
My baby has spent most of the pregnancy hanging out on my right side. Never the left. Guess she likes it better over there? :P Since dropping, I think she's vertical in there - straight up and down, not curved around to either side.
Yep, this happened to me too. Also 35 weeks. Belly is lower, I can eat and breathe again, no more little feet in my ribs, less heartburn. On the other hand, waddling quite a bit now, and feeling a lot of pressure on the cervix. Sitting is uncomfortable, and my pubic bone is really sore! Feels like I've been kicked in the crotch, lol. I guess you trade one set of discomforts for another with dropping, right?   For any BTDT mamas, how soon after dropping did you start...
Offer got accepted!! We'll be moving on Memorial Day Weekend. Eee! So happy about this. And relieved that we got the house we want.   The move should be fairly easy. My duties will be pretty light; just have to get the cats settled in a spare bedroom, and then keep the dogs entertained in the backyard while DH & a coworker do all of the unloading boxes and furniture. :)   One nice thing about the move is that it's close by, and we don't have a deadline to be out...
Here's a question for veteran mamas. About two weeks ago I felt my cervix, just for kicks. It felt firm. Tonight I felt it again, and it feels mushier than it did two weeks ago. Is that it starting to "ripen"? Also have noticed that the BH contraxs have started to have the menstural crampy-type feeling to them, down low on my abdomen. Has anyone else noticed these things in a previous pregnancy, and how far in advance of labor were they? Just curious. :) I'm 34 weeks...