or Connect

Posts by mforeback

My pets knew before I did. I have 2 dogs & 2 cats. The dogs are usually well-behaved about crotch-sniffing, but then one day they suddenly would not leave me alone down there! They were actually following me around the house with their noses plastered to my butt! I sat down on the couch after a while, and the cats jumped up for cuddles as usual, and they started sniffing at my crotch too! Two days later (day period was due) I tested, and sure enough...it's amazing what...
Holy crap! We're putting an offer on a house, and will hopefully be moving soon. The trouble is, I'll likely be 38 weeks along then, or even a week or two later! I'm so excited and happy about this move. But what if I start into labor during/right after the move? That would be so hectic...but this will be my first baby, and first ones are often "late", right? Ahh, I'm so excited, but so nervous! Just needed to share. :)
I have a memory that's from when I was about 4 months old. And I know of a few children who know details about their birth that they were never told - they knew because they remember. It's very fascinating, isn't it? :)
I'm at 33 weeks, and my baby is head down. She seems to switch between being completely vertical and being curved around on the right. Facing inwards, not the "sunny side up" position. I think that's called ROA? She kept flipping between transverse and breech between weeks 13-27 ish. I've gotta say, it feels much more comfortable around my belly when she's head down, as opposed to transverse. My belly looks smaller too (when she's vertical, as opposed to horizontal). I...
Ooo, fun! Let's see.   Gender: Girl Date: Friday, June 1 (EDD June 7) Time: 7 AM. I'll probably start labor the night before, and be able to sleep through it until 4 AM or so. Will probably pace the house and be in and out of the shower until showtime. Place: Spare bedroom, where the "birthing nest" is set up. Weight: 7 pounds, 3 oz Length: 20 inches Hair: Lots of dark hair. Will come out after a couple weeks, and grow in dark blonde. Eyes: Slate blue...
I'm pregnant with my first, but my mother's experiences were:   1 hour 30 min, start to finish with me (second baby), I was born 10 min after getting to the hospital. The OB on call literally walked into the room, put on gloves, caught me as I came out, handed me up to my mother with a "congrats", then stripped off his gloves and walked out saying, "Well that's the fastest money I ever made".    My little sister took about 1 hour 15 min.   Can't say I know...
So for my state (CO), you need proof of pregnancy, proof of live birth, and proof of residency. You send those in with two forms that you fill out, and it takes 2-3 weeks afterwards to get the Birth certificate. Not sure about SSN yet. CO is very county-based, so you submit this stuff to the county office, not state. 
I'm using Nellie's washing soda for everything now. Seems to work great! Dryer balls in place of fabric softener. I like how the dryer balls cut down on dry time for me. And repel pet hair. :)
I'm wondering if this is what's going on with me. I was horribly stopped up; went a good 3 weeks without a BM, but the past few days I have been going like crazy. I'm so glad that I'm getting it all cleared out, but it is odd. Could this be the "cleaning out" thing? I'm 32 weeks, and this will be my first baby.   What do you mamas think?   Slightly OT, but does witch hazel work well for sore bottoms from hemorrhoids? If so, what is the best way to apply it?...
I would look into UC if you can't find a midwife. I'm planning  UC with my baby. The comfort of your own home just can't be beat. That aside, I would recommend a labor partner other than your DH/DP for the hospital. A doula is a good choice, if that's not possible, a friend/relative/anyone you want. Someone to be your advocate, and the in-between guard/communicator to medical staff. Keep your chin up! I'm sure it'll all work out. :)