or Connect

Posts by gribbit

My two kids and husband are all sick.  Kids got sick first.  My 5 year old came down with high fever runny nose and cough.  Then my 7 year old came down with something similar accept she also vomited a few times.  Now my husband has a cough, body aches and fever.  We hardly ever get sick so this is freaking me out a little.  I keep reading that high doses of vitamin c may help. I am curious if there is a specific kind people are referring to?  Also what doses do I give...
oops..posted before I was finished.. Just wanted to wish your son a quick recovery and hopefully no need for antibiotics!
Thank you. We have never had a fever last longer than 3 days with a virus before so I am really concerned.  It helps to know that viruses do that sometime.  Thank you so much for sharing your story with me!
My 4 year old has had a cough and fever for a week.  Took her to the doctor on day 4 and he said it was viral.  She is acting fine and fever is fairly low at about 100.3.  She wakes up every morning with no fever and by 10:00 its back up over 100 and this lasts until bed time.  I have to admit that I am super paranoid about fevers (my older daughter just got over pneumonia a few weeks ago)  so I guess I am looking for reassurance more than anything.. Has anyone's child...
I need to find a new pediatrician as my insurance plan recently changed from Group Health to Premera. I am looking for someone who is not going to give me a hard time about not vaxing and who is generally open minded and works collaboratively with his/her patients. Someone in West Seattle would be ideal but a good doctor is more important then the location. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
I don't have any family doctor suggestions. However Dr. Fred Kassab at the Northgate clinic was our pediatrician and he is awesome! He is a great doctor and never gave me any trouble about not vaccinating. We actually just had to switch to a different insurance plan and are no longer with Group Health and I will really miss having him as my children's doctor.
My 5 yr old came down with a fever last night and I am thinking she may be coming down with flu as it has been going around her school. I have been supplementing her with 2000 iu of Vit D for a few weeks . Since she got sick yesterday, I increased the amount of Vit D to 5000 iu per day. Is that enough? Too much? or do I need to give her more? Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated as we hope she can get better by Halloween..
Is 2000 iu of Vitamin D per day too much to give a 5.5 and 2.5 year old? They both get a multivitamin with a little vitamin D in it and the 2.5 year old does drink about 2 cups of milk per day.. We live in the northwest and I would like to also offer some immune protection, but I don't want to over do it and cause harm. I would appreciate any and all replies as I am really wanting to start supplementing in a safe way ASAP.. I would also love to be directed to any...
Does anyone have any good ideas for what I can put in goody bags for my daughter's 5th birthday? I want the kids to get a little something to take home with them. However, I don't want to give out candy or little cheap plastic prizes.. I am drawing a blank on what else I can do.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Can anyone recommend any, especially on the Olympic peninsula? We have a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old. We are looking for a moderately priced nice place to stay with access to nature and beaches. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!