or Connect

Posts by gribbit

Is there anyone you know who can recommend someone? Sometimes other health care professionals or maybe friends can make good referrals. Once you find someone, I think you can know within a few sessions if the fit is right. If you don't mesh then you should stop seeing that person and keep looking until you find someone you have a good fit with. I think its also ok for you to ask them directly about their approach to natural health or anything else that concerns you. You...
jpap, I would love to get together! I will send you a pm..
I have anxiety and have to agree that you should not let it stop you from having kids. Anxiety sucks but it can be managed, be it with therapy or meds or both. I think the key is to get the help you need and not give up. I found that CBT and psychodynamic therapy did wonders for my anxiety. My anxiety completely goes away and then comes back every so often. Its never as bad as it was before I started therapy. In fact, I have learned to somewhat embrace it because it led...
Yep! Lots of snow and more coming this weekend!
We just moved to Vashon a few months ago and we love it! I would love to meet other moms on the island since I don't really know many yet. Life here is definitely more low key then it was in Seattle. Its a bit of an adjustment for me but not in a bad way. We have way more space for the kids to run and play and they love it! I am really looking forward to summer here, though we do love this snow!
The Anxiety is not new. I have been dealing with it on and off for six years. Because of good therapy I have very long anxiety free stretches. I am just getting to the point where dealing with it when it does pop up saps all my time and energy. I feel like my mind is exhausted and my parenting is suffering. I still plan on going to therapy. I just feel like I need to consider something else because this really does affect everyone around me. As for the weight loss,I ...
I am considering starting antidepressants for anxiety. I am not sure what to expect and I guess I am really looking for success stories mostly. I also have some concerns. I am specifically worried about weight gain, especially since I recently lost a lot of weight and I would like to keep it that way. I am also concerned about the meds making me feel like a different person. I want to get rid of the anxiety but I still want to be myself. I guess I am hoping some of you...
Sending big hugs to you! I have had my share of days like that and I know how hard it can be. Try not to beat yourself up too much. I know that is easier said then done.. Please remember we are here to lend an ear if you need it.
I do think a good therapist can do wonders for Anxiety. Unfortunately, I had to switch recently from a wonderful one, so I know how hard it can be to find one. I have only seen my new one twice so its still hard to tell if we are a good fit, but I am hopeful.. All the worrying is just so exhausting. It feels like really hard work.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with me. Lotusdebi what you wrote really resonated with me. I had no idea there was a word for it but I looked up Pantheism and it really described how I feel. I just feel in awe of nature and the universe as a whole and the fact that we are even here. I am still trying to figure out my path and I am so thankful for all the great food for thought I am getting from you guys.