or Connect

Posts by gribbit

Oh MotherWren, my heart goes out to you! From what you describe I can totally see why its hard for you to leave. Is it possible for your husband and dd to come along when you have your appointment and maybe do something fun together while you talk to your therapist? My dh and dd used to come with me and then go to a local coffee shop and hang out together while I had my appointment. We needed to do this because of car issues but it worked out well. I am still working on...
What was the decision like for you? I was brought up with a very strong cultural Jewish upbringing, but my parents did not believe in god. I never really did either. Lately, I feel like maybe I am missing something.. I Don't know if its because I am about to turn 40 or what, but I have been thinking a lot of how we got here and what our purpose as humans is. Thinking about the universe is actually kind of anxiety provoking for me because it seems so unlikely to be a...
Thanks A&A! I just sent you a pm.
Thanks guys! I will definately look up that book. I know what you mean about doing the opposite of what my mom would do. Thats pretty much what I find myself doing a lot. So sad though.. I guess I am so hugely aware now of how poorly my mother mothered us. She really is not a bad person so I am trying to view her with compassion. It's just hard becuse to this day she still acts in the same way, so I am constantly reminded of it. I know that there is no such thing as a...
This is sort of hard to explain,but I will do my best.. I love my two girls more then anything in the world and I really want to be the best mother I can be. My own mother was very emotionally absent. She wasn't mean to us and took care of us but I never really felt mothered by her. I remember always feeling like she thought having kids was a nuisance. Because this was how I grew up I feel like its hard for me to sometimes connect to my daughters in the way that I...
I was wondering how much fish oil to take in order to help uplift my mood? I am not really depressed, but I feel like I have a bit of the winter blues. Do any of you that take fish oil do so to help with anxiety? Does it make any difference? I am going to therapy, but was also wondering about some natural things I could take. I just have no clue how much fish oil to take.. Can anyone help me figure it out?
Suzanne Thompson is amazing! I can not say enough good things about her. She has so much trust in birth and in women. She made me feel so empowered and so capable and my experience with her could not have been better. I highly recommend her!
Oh, how I wish I knew the answer.. Definitely subbing to this one...
I totally relate to this. My dd is going to start kindergarten next year and my heart is breaking. I actually have real anxiety about this. I think its hard for me to accept that my children are actual separate beings who will not need me forever. I also think I dwell on the future too much. I am working really hard on trying to live in the moment and enjoying them right now. I am realizing that always thinking about what my kids will be like in the future is causing...
Wow, I so hear what you are saying. I have been going through a very similar thing lately. I know for me this is triggered by anxiety. I am particularly anxious about something happening to my family especially my husband and kids. I think the moments when I love my kids the most are also the moments when I realize how vulnerable they are and how fragile life is. Sometimes, that deep love that I feel for my kids just overwhelms me and my anxiety kicks in almost as a...