or Connect

Posts by gribbit

yes, she cut off a whole bunch of her really beautiful curly hair... It looks pretty uneven , but we can still put it up and it looks pretty good that way... I am just really bummed because it takes forever for her hair to grow and its going to take a really long time for it to reach the length it was before she cut it.. Tomorrow I am going to see the lady that cuts our hair to see if there is anything she can do... I have to say I am a little mad at myself for not...
My 14 month old dd did the same thing. I finally figured out that she would try new foods if they came from my plate. The other day I put a piece of turkey on her trey and she would not touch it. I tried feeding her the same kind of turkey from my plate and she gobbled it up. Go figure...
I am so glad your family is ok. That must have been so incredibly scary. to you all..
My 2.5 year old dd was there for her sister's home birth and it was a wonderful experience. I labored through the night so she slept for most of that. She woke up and saw me in the birthing tub and she was a little surprised but she figured out what was going on really fast and had no problem with it( we had done a lot of preparing her and explaining ahead of time). We had two doulas there, one for me and one just for dd. dd actually let me do my own thing in peace...
Thanks guys! I feel much better.. Like I said the way she is going about this is new to me .... She does pretty well at picking up words, she just doesnt use them much.. My husband also pointed out that we are really good at meeting all her needs without her having to talk. I guess that could have something to do with it as well..
My 14 month old has been saying a few words since she turned 12 months. She says the usual mama, dada, as well as doggie kitty and some others. However, I noticed that sometimes she will say a word for a few days and then we never really hear it again.. For example, she started saying doctor and diaper a few weeks ago. She said them when I would ask her to for a few days and now I can't really get her to say them anymore.. I am a little worried, especially since this is...
Wow! That is so very scary. I am always wrestling crayons away from my 14 month old cause she always tries to eat them.. I was very afraid of choking, but didn't think much about aspirating.. I will be thinking about it from now on.. I am so glad that your little one is ok. Just wanted to send a big to all of you.
Its so good to hear that I am not the only one.. I have always put spending time with the kids ahead of cleaning.. Having said that it does get to me when the house reaches a certain state.. I guess maybe the moms who have a really clean house all the time are focusing on the cleaning and not spending as much time with the kids? Is it possible to have it both ways? If so please please show me the light...
I feel like no matter how much i try to clean my house is always in a state of disaster.. Its been really bad lately since DH has had to work many more hours for a deadline at work. I am always picking up stuff while my two girls are basically right behind me messing it up again.. I have laundry everywhere that I have had no time to fold and put away, a sink full of dishes and dont even ask me when the last time i mopped the floors and changed the sheets was.. The thing...
Thanks! that makes me feel better..