or Connect

Posts by queensmom1233

Hi Everyone, Can you recommend an OB in NYC who takes a more holistic approach to things, won't judge me for not getting a flu shot, etc? I saw Village Obstetrics recommended here. Anyone have any comments on them? Any other suggestions as well? Thanks!
Hi Everyone, We are currently living in NYC but considering a move to northern NJ. Our unvaccinated child is not in school yet but in a couple of years will be. I am wondering if it is more difficult to get an exemption in NYC than in NJ? I have heard that NY state is very strict in general, but don't know much about Jersey and am just starting to research this. Thanks for any advice or information about this.
Dr. Daphne Caduri http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-daphne-caduri-xxkff
Hi there. I'm so sorry you are going through this. It was really stressful for me because I was so scared my supply was going to go down and I was going to have to stop breastfeeding. Don't worry though! I was actually sick with a bad cold when I went through this. The only thing I took was "cold eze" because I was told that wouldn't have an impact on my supply. I'm still not sure whether my supply dropped because of sickness or the coldeze, but that's not really the...
Hi Everyone, My son is 6-months old and we have not given him any vaccinations. I've been reading about this outbreak of pertussis, and although I've read that it is more so affecting children who have been vaccinated , I'd like to do all I can to prevent this. I do give our son probiotics and Vitamin D. Are there any other recommended things to do? Since I am breastfeeding, are there any things that I should be sure to include in my diet that will help his immune...
I agree about Dr. Rubin. We went to her meet and greet and she went so far as to say that she tells parents who don't vaccinate that she thinks they are "idiots." We were very annoyed that we wasted our time going to visit her. We go to Dr. Mokides in New Hyde Park. I saw someone post previously that they weren't thrilled with her but we like her. She is thorough and fine with delayed vaccination. She is willing to spend a lot of time with you which is nice. Parking is...
Hi Everyone, I don't know much about this but I heard that for some vaccines you can check for titers and if your child is immune, he will not need another does of the vaccine. Can you check for titers on all vaccines or just certain ones? Also, my doctor mentioned that insurance companies do not like to pay for these tests because it's cheaper to just give another shot. Will doctors do the test even if we have to pay out of pocket for it? I'd rather pay extra and have...
Hi Everyone, We are delaying vaccinations until 6 months and only doing 1 at a time. We are also skipping rotavirus. I'm wondering which vaccine (out of the ones that they are supposed to get first) we should get first? My doctor recommended Dtap. I want to do the one that has the least known bad reactions, as well as one that is more critical.  Thanks for any input on this!
HI Everyone, I have a question about school and day care requirments for vaccines. We are planning to delay until about 6 months. This means that we will not need get rotavirus because that needs to be done by 15 weeks or something like that. Will we have any problems with school/day care vaccine requirements once he is older and enters preschool? Or will the fact that we delayed give us a medical exemption since the vaccine isn't given to children beyond a certain...
Hi Everyone, I was wondering what vaccines you chose to opt out of and why? I am delaying (and possibly skipping) vaccines, so just wanted to know what other people have done. Thanks for any input! Carrie