or Connect

Posts by mrsandmrs

aw, i love baby stripes. they match my striped maternity wardrobe! 
b&c i'm glad the diaper changes are going more smoothly. i found the moby wrap to be helpful because it seemed to combine the calming affects of being held/near the heart and the security of the swaddle. i would pop in the screaming baby and he would settle within a few seconds or minutes, and then i could go about my day or tend to the other baby's needs, the dishes, the chickens, the coffee, whatever. if you feel like you can't go "hands free" with the moby, it's likely...
I don't think one month old babies can learn bad habits like that, so I wouldn't worry about that. I know it is stressful and upsetting for the parents, but this phase shall pass. I have twins, and one of them screamed almost around the clock when he was that age. Crying is the only way they have to communicate, and they dont always know what they are communicating. Cold, hot, uncomfortable, hungry, tired, lonely, bored, overstimulated - everything comes out as a scream!...
i did (and still do) a lot of baby wearing. I held one baby while the other was in the swing. We cosleep, so I often sleep without a shirt on for easier skin to skin. My twins are seven months old (oh crap, how did that happen!). I often say I dont remember the first three months of their life at all. I'm glad we took a lot of photos. They still seem attached to me, though. Smooch them every chance you get, hold them as often as you can, and be gentle with yourself. You're...
If the babies are gaining ok and don't have the frothy green poop, I would hesitate to try much to reduce your supply this early. Hopefully laid back nursing will give baby enough of a break from the let down. My oversupply also made one of my babies spit up a lot. Now that I'm back at work, my babies get bottles of pumped milk. They have gained a little better on the bottles, so I think it is more balanced, but their weight gain was always good, so I don't think it...
I have a couple k'tans. They are pretty great. Baby wearing has become really important to me in the last six months or so.... Congrats on all the boys on the way. Exciting times!
Our second parent adoption was pretty easy (in WA). it was annoying to go through it, irritating to spend so much money (which you used to get back on taxes, but now we no longer qualify for the adoption credit because the government recognizes our marriage), but it was a nice and affirming process for our family. It made me feel really good about the intention that we had set forth when we started on this road. We did have to have a social worker visit our home, but...
we used one of almost all of the "big baby gear" but we used the hell out of it. our swing's motor is basically dead. our rock and play was constantly in use. etc.    i NEED(ED): twin nursing pillow 2 car seats babywearing devices. a lot of them.  2 cribs (eventually)    twin stroller can be nice to have but they are huge and awkward. i am about to buy a single stroller so caregivers can wear one baby and stroll the other one. they are kind of heavy to wear at the...
My twins are six months old, but cosleeping isn't working for us anymore. We have a lot of the same issues that you do. I am hopeful that you'll get some good advice and I can borrow it too. 
Our twins shared a crib for naptime until it became a detriment to naps. Maybe 4 months? Then they moved into two cribs at naps time. At night they share a cosleeper/sidecarred crib next to our bed or sleep in our bed. They are six months old and this has stopped working for us, so I don't know what's next at nighttime.