or Connect

Posts by mrsandmrs

I'm on Facebook already, for social networking stuff, so it's really convenient. Plus, it works a lot better on my phone and I get notifications. And yes, it's more private for sharing photos and personal deets. I think it would be good to have milestone and decision making conversations here, though. The linear topics are easy to follow. So, someone should start some!
SDNGP, congrats & welcome! in the beginning, i pretty much only told people i would tell anyway if i had a miscarriage. we told our parents like, as soon as the pee dried on the pregnancy tests. ok, maybe we waited two days, but they knew we were trying and knew that we would know one way or the other by a certain date. we told close friends (and our older son) between 6 and 10 weeks, and work/facebook around 12 weeks.  we got some weird responses (mostly from people i...
Tigers, 5.5 months!??!!!!! :0 Fried - Yay! Congrats!!
B&c - I found that it was a journey and every step required something different. Not only positions to accommodate the belly, but also different things were more or less delightful at different points. Re: family visitation. My folks came for 7 weeks, one before the birth and 6 after. It really exacerbated some issues in my relationship with my mom and I'm still a little bitter about how she monopolized such a special time in my life that I will never get back. I...
And dark beer!
Granite, does he definitely have a tongue tie? It's great that he put on some weight to alleviate some of your stress. Are you able to get much when you pump? If you are pumping regularly, you will stimulate your boobs and increase your supply. Fenugreek, oatmeal, and mothers milk tea can all help. I know plenty of babies that had formula supplements in the beginning and went on to eat only breastmilk later when the supply caught up. I empathize so much. I had a lot...
Fried - my 15dpo beta was 281 and I have twins. ... betas have a wide range of normal, but how do you feel about multiples?
Oh man, keeping those "diaries" were my life's work for the first 4 weeks. To this day, I keep an app on my phone so I know which twin nursed which side how long ago. (I switched to the app after the paper diaries) There's just too much to remember with the sleep deprivation. It's interesting that they didn't suggest you keep track of that, but they still asked you about it. You're a first time mom, you should get a lil more guidance and support. There are a lot of...
they said in the hospital that losing up to 10% of their body weight was OK in the time before mom's milk comes in. more than that is worrisome. and then, of course, they gain it back as they get better at breastfeeding. keep us posted, granite. do you have access to a baby scale you could use on your own to assuage any concerns you have? we got a hand me down scale and it has been wonderful (for my anxiety) to see the boys gain their textbook number of ounces every week. 
@granite having read a great deal about weight gain when I brought home a 4lb and 5 lb baby with serious breastfeeding challenges, that doesn't seem worrisome to me. Your midwife probably wants to make sure the bf-ing is going ok, see if your milk came in, make sure he's eating frequently enough and making enough wet diapers. But from my experience, it is worrisome if they don't gain their birth weight back by 2 or 3 weeks, and he certainly seems on track to do that....