or Connect

Posts by mrsandmrs

The twins are 11 weeks now. I still have about 5 lbs to lose, but I'm not worried about it yet. My wife is going back to work next week, so I'll be taking care of them alone 40 extra hours a week. And she works nights, so I'll be trying to get them out of the house so she can sleep. I'm sure the extra 5 lbs is no match for that kind of exercise. I am feeling pretty strongly that I don't want to have any more kids. b it seems crazy because I said "one more" up until...
Oh ny god, guys, I love all these babies so much. How do we have such cute babies!?! And yes, my boys are balding too! It's so sad.
 these days, i only pump when i am not breast feeding and the babies eat (i.e. if i am apart from them and they get a bottle). when they were first born, i started pumping for a couple reasons - to build up my supply since i have twins. to build up a freezer stash so my family could give them a bottle if i were away. and since they were preemies, i had to supplement them because they couldn't nurse enough, so i needed milk for that. none of those things are still relevant...
it's true that all babies are so different. if side-lying nursing works for you, it is a really great tool to have. M is a great side-lying sleep nurser. if i had one baby, i could sleep next to him and nurse him all night. i would be so well-rested. we could just dream nurse all night long.    his brother is the complete opposite. he gets really upset if i try to side-lying nurse him. he tends to latch halfway. then my milk lets down and we are both suddenly laying in a...
You're going to get there! They only started it recently. First it would be one three hour strech at night. Then a four hour. They have been working up to it. The first time I was shocked!I'm glad to hear they are pretty normal. I'll keep fantasizing about a six hour stretch of sleep and afternoon naps that stretch for hours so I can sew.We had two month shots this week. Babes were so fussy, we ended up spending a day and a half in bed having a nurse-in. Then I got...
I think a smaller/slower nipple makes them work harder, which both makes the breast more appealing and makes them puke less (ok, that second part is a theory but it seems to hold true with M&O) you can get different sizes in the Dr Browns, which is what we use. probably for all types of bottles, but that's my limited experience. i try to get the "preemie" or "level 1" size nipples on the twins' bottles, but I don't always make the bottles and other people are less...
The twins eat about 3 ounces from a bottle. They will happily eat 3.5 but then they puke. The little piglets are very prone to overeating. ETA you will probably pump more if you pump at the same time she gets the bottle, ie she won't be taking the milk, so you will probably have more to pump. Then that goes into the fridge for her next bottle. (Or freezer if she's not getting frequent bottles)
Daki, now I'm going to go Google niferinin. I haven't heard of it. I thought it was just a bad latch I should keep working on. hmm. For what it's worth, my first week off the nipple shield, otto gained a whole pound, so I'm sure your concerns are accurate. Mamita, I think they do get lazy if they get too many bottles. One day we had a messed up schedule and the babies got 2 bottles in a row. Nursing after that was really frustrating so I didn't let them have bottles...
Serafina, I'm really looking forward to the point when the babies have more head control and motivation so we can work on different positions! Tilly, the boys had their 2 month appointment on Tuesday and they nursed non stop for 2 days because they were so sad and cranky. Ow! I hope L's appointment went well. We are still 0% for everything, but gaining great! I hope this white nipple stops before 4 or 5 months! But I guess I'm already halfway there. Kudos to you for...
Serena, we started giving limited bottles of expressed breastmilk at 3 weeks because we read that you have to start bottle training early. Our older son refused to ever take a bottle and it was a real hardship for my DW, who nursed him. She didn't try a bottle until he was older, and he would never take one. liv would probably love a bottle at her age. Good luck. It's kind of annoying to have to give a bottle, pump, clean the pump and wash a bottle, though, so I'm...