or Connect

Posts by mrsandmrs

I love side-by-side nursing. It is really great when I'm feeling too lazy or exhausted. My biggest gripe is that I can't tandem nurse the twins in that position. I've tried all kinds of gymnastics and tried so hard to convince them, but they won't go for it. At night, I usually end up tandem nursing, so the benefits of side lying don't help me often. I sleep in a sleeping nursing bra, leggings or yoga pants and a light robe open in the front. I get cold sometimes...
Daki, it is *quite* painful. Like, toe-curling, want to punch something painful. I nursed him with a nipple shield for several weeks. A heating pad or hot washcloth helps too, but I rarely have time for that, as often as I nurse and as little as I sleep. It sucks.
Lilmamita, I just wanted to say I really sympathize with what you are going through. You're doing a great job of persisting through a lot of obstacles. You are being a great mom for him. Afu. Otto gained almost a pound in the week since I quit using the nipple shield with him. My nipple still turns white when he nurses (blanching? Vasospasms? Whatever.) But sometimes I can distract him or relatch him effectively. Today I asked our pediatrician to check for a tongue tie...
re: domperidone. it can be really powerful. and if it is going to work for you, i think you usually see a result in 24-48 hours. my wife was taking it for months to induce lactation (before we knew if my supply would be OK for twins). the first day we were home from the hospital, the babies started crying and her milk let down (without pumping or taking the next step of the protocol... we weren't planning on her taking the next step until my supply was established!) we had...
the twins are two months old (today) and they have started sleeping more 4 and 5 hour stretches at night. they still eat about every 2 hours during daylight hours, but i think that is often a comfort/cuddle thing because they don't always eat a full boob even if they are screaming for it.    lilmamita, things are going to turn around for you soon. are the herbs helping you pump more? i forget if you were able to get a prescription for domperidone. it is supposed to...
Lilmamita, I'm so glad to hear all the positive news from your world. I hope things keep getting better and better. As for us, I have been weaning Otto off the nipple shield. He didn't have a problem switching back to a plain nipple, but his latch is often still really painful. It's better than it used to be, but still bad! However, in the few days since I stopped using the nipple shield, he is clearly having a growth spurt. He's so much bigger and heavier. It could...
I wish we were closer so I could donate some milk to you from our freezer stash. You're doing an excellent job and this is going to be a distant memory some day. One note about the sns - I had to use an sns system when the twins were new, and one LC told me that the extra nursing simulation could increase my supply, so there's that, too. I hope the hospital grade pump helps too. I love mine (I rented one for 3 months)
We use prefolds and snappis with wool covers and don't have many blow outs, but a lot depends on the baby. And to be totally honest, 85+% of the time, the twins are in prefolds and rumparooz or thirsties covers instead of wool. They are easy and we have a huge stash of them.
how are you doing, sphinxy? thinking of you....   granite - definitely stock up on boppy covers. esp. in the early days of breastfeeding, boobs are leaky, babies are not skilled at eating, and you basically cant have enough boppy covers. the ones you can buy at the store are IMHO not very cute. i love your body positivity. xo   B&C - the funny thing is, i am usually not that into TV, but when I was pregnant (and now that i spend so much stinking time sitting around...
Chispita, what a cutie!! Matthias is so cute. That photo made me squeak! Mr. A is very handsome. He looks so thoughtful!