or Connect

Posts by Jes'sBeth

I feel for you! We're gluten free, rice free, soy free, dairy free, buckwheat free, almond free (and on and on!) Gluten, rice, soy free is a challenge and I can only imagine that pulling out corn only compounds the challenge. We have lots of recipies that use a flour mix that is sorghum, tapioca, arrowroot, corn or potato starch and a high protein flour (we use corn but I think you can use almond or chestnut as well and you could experiment with others.) Let me look up the...
Hey there. My intolerant to everything kid is starting preschool. The school is really responsive to our needs and we're able to pack our own snack with no problem however they have lots of allergies and intolerances and they are struggling to find a gluten free, sesame free cracker. We eat Casabi crackers all the time and I'm wondering if anyone has contacted the company to see if they're sesame free. If so, we're good to go. I certainly don't want to inadvertently...
we call our daughter a 'fruitarian' because after taking the wheat out she mostly eats fruit. (she east a LOT of it too!) Of course it's not completely true but she's sensitive to SO SO SO much (legumes, most grains including rice, citrus, eggs, and on and on) so it's hard to get her to eat things that are 'replacement' type things that are designed to replace normal gluten filled things. She doesn't like a lot of expensive gluten free bread type things. It took a good...
I don't have one but I'd really really like to see a free one as well.... anyone ?
okay so we have finished working out our budget, with $ for all the sinking funds we would like. And we are currently planning to spend $1038 more than our income. So that's bad. hmmmmm no wonder we're in debt! so now what? When I have a chance I will post our budget on here to be critiqued (or on another thread)....I'm thinking that we need to cut back on our sinking funds until we can free up money somewhere else...I will be back when we reconcile our budgets a bit...
We still have sweet potatoes and sorgham but not buckwheat. She was VERY, VERY reactive to all legumes tested (carob, kidney beans, navy beans, etc.) She did react to several nightshades (I've always disliked tomatoes myself) but potatoes is JUST over the allergen line followed by rice. Still, 2 days off corn for me and I feel like myself. I don't feel angry or nauseous and I feel capable of parenting. I CANNOT believe how out of control I have felt. No wonder my kid has...
wait though, waterproof things can still be wet! The plastic book things that my toddler has in the tub is waterproof but it still gets wet! sure the water beads off their feathers and the duck's skin doesn't get wet but the duck itself still gets wet (especially because every duck I've seen does that ducky rear up in the air to feed on the stuff on the bottom!) and the water drops pool all over the duck. So the waterproof duck is still wet. The question stinks. There are...
My DD is 22 months. She's doing SO. MUCH. BETTER! Actually she started improving before we pulled stuff out of her diet and put her on a high quality probiotic. That stopped the nightly cough we've had for a year! When we pulled everything out of her diet she stopped climbing the walls, her nose stopped running, her skin (which I had hardly noticed) cleared - no diaper rash and she just looks healthier somehow and she's just happier. She also started sleeping better (until...
DD2 has this huge long list of food sensitivities. With grains we're left with quinoa, amaranth, millet and corn (I know... weird but her IgG level on corn was 0, lower than any other grains...) She's reactive to EVERYTHING - potatoes, rice, soy, cows' milk, legumes, citrus, berries it goes on and on. I'm nursing still and so have been avoiding everything as well and it's making me CRAZY! Honestly I feel like absolute crap! I think I'm reacting to the huge amounts of corn...
hey there. I can join your 'misery loves company' party. I ALSO have a 4.5 yr old and a 1.5 yr old (actually she's 22 months so perhaps a bit older?) My 22 month old is also still nursing at night and we just discovered some big food intolerances so she's nursing like crazy as we take her off 80% of the food she's been eating to help her. Yeah, I'm exhausted! (given, I'm ALSO not eating 80% of my regular diet... I have to eat what she eats so the exclusion diet works for...