or Connect

Posts by Jes'sBeth

sigh. we're working with a naturopath and have already seen significant improvement with the introduction of a really good probiotic. (the every night cough disappeared YAY!) that was before we took anything out of her diet. We've continued with the probiotic and have added in a safe omega 3 fatty acid. We're looking into a digestive enzyme and a multivitamin as well. It's tricky to find things that are 'safe'.
Proudmamanow and I got DD2's IgG list back and it's long (see Proudmamanow's thread) So DD2 and i are still nursing and I'm wondering what I should be doing to keep DD2 healthy without going nuts myself! Her biggest problem is cow's milk. but she's also got this long list (soy, wheat, gluten, beans, most legumes, most grains, rice, strawberries, nectarines, and on and on...) should I be avoiding ALL of those things? It's so restrictive! DD has had chronic...
Junie B Jones makes me want to rip my ears off! We've been doing a lot of books on tape from the library and I will never check a Junie B Jones book out of the library after that one! The grammar! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! But we REALLY love Piper Reed (Kimberly Willis Holt) and the Magic Treehouse books. We're also going to try the Geronimo Stilton books shortly. Charlotte's Web is half finished on our 4.5 yr olds shelf. She just lot interest (and I was NOT looking forward to...
We had the same problem with Montessori last year (though we also had other problems - specifically language since it was a French school and our DD speaks English) She did NOT do well there. We opted to pull her out and keep her home this year. It drove me nuts that they had her doing things that were well below her level. My number happy child wasn't given any of the math materials to work with because her math materials were things like pattern blocks. There's nothing...
I could have written your post a year ago! Montessori did not work for our child at all. Mostly because she is an anglophone and was at a Francophone Montessori school (we had been told it was a French immersion class but it was really French language with English given to her later) It triggered her anxiety and perfectionism and pretty much was a disaster. We learned a lot about listening to our child and things that would work for our child. Montessori does not work for...
We're just coming to giftedness after trying to figure out our DD1 who is 4.5. I'm quite sure that she's gifted. She's an INTENSE kid and she is really really fond of numbers. (she's been doing multiplication for several months now) and she's got great speaking skills (always had) but she's also highly anxious and perfectionistic so it's hard to know what she really can do because she doesn't like to show much unless she knows it's going to be perfect. Still, I get enough...
I have heard from a few well experienced techs that you CANNOT get a good install with a radian in the 3rd row. I can't remember if that was forward facing or rear facing. I can easily put a marathon rear facing in the back row. The problem is an install problem not a space problem. You should know that you have to have the 2nd row seats pushed all the way back to install a seat in them. I have no idea why but the Mazda 5 manual says you have to have them all the way...
just to clarify... we don't have cable We have never had cable. Our rabbit ears were paid off years ago and serve us well. Well that and our wireless connection lol. I too think that it's the 'other' category that gets us. I think also think that I spend too much on snacks on the go. Laziness kills me. I get worn out trying to get 2 kids out the door with snacks and diapers and so on and the snacks get left behind. Maybe I'll start keeping snacks in the car and then I...
So we are once again in the position of trying to get rid of debt...on the plus side, it's because we are anticipating problems, rather than being smack dab in the middle of them. We have been using an envelope system for the past 3-4 months, fairly successfully, but our line of credit is going up rather than down and also we want to be able to live within our fairly modest means for at least a few more years. I WOH 4days/week, and bring home $2350 per month after tax....
Yeah, I'm working on it too... Think of a major league baseball pitcher throwing a cell phone at your kid's head/ face. When I think of that image I get the cold sweats and start tying things down or at very least repositioning them so they won't hit my kids (like having them under the passenger dashboard when the passenger seat is empty.) There was recently a collision reported on where the driver was killed by her laptop hitting her in the head.