or Connect

Posts by Jes'sBeth

We had a very interesting discussion about this in my car seat tech course. Apparently there are 2 things driving up the weight limit on harnesses... first is heavier children. As we have larger and larger children (by weight) it is more appropriate to have larger children harnessed because developmentally young children need to be harnessed since they wiggle around too much and are not mature enough to understand that they need to stay in position for the belt to keep...
Those sound like really hard choices. I don't think I'd want my 2 yr old sitting doing school work and I REALLY value 2nd language learning (especially if there is exposure to the language outside of school) It's ridiculous that 2 yr olds would come home with homework. As for the Montessori... if you like it that's great! Go there! But only if you really have enough money. It's not much fun if you are struggling to pay the bills because you're sending your child to a...
You know... kids are really good at 'covering' when they don't know things. I used to tutor a boy who REALLY struggled with essay writing. That kid would talk the paint off the wall to stall. It was a fantastic coping strategy and I had to applaud his efforts even though he was a bit of a bear to work with! We all try our hardest to avoid failing and when we do fail we often make excuses for ourselves. As adults we usually choose to do the things that we're good at and...
we LOVE LOVE LOVE ours We like the 3rd row (though it's usually folded down) the extra space (our old car is a Toyota Tercel. It's TINY!) (we don't have any trouble climbing into it if we need to. Just go past the forward facing carseat instead of the rear facing seat) I LOVE the sliding doors. The back row for sure it tight on leg room but it's not impossible by any means. I've had my carseats in the 3rd row and the 2nd rows. No problems at all. (I have a Frontier and a...
We went to Great Wolf Lodge (and except for that day of stomach flu) it was fantastic! Our 4 yr old is not very daring in the water and only did one of the small child's water slides twice (for her that is a BIG deal!) but she STILL had a blast. My 18 month old niece was unstoppable. She love love loved it. There was a ton to do and when we did have the stomach flu the staff were amazing. They were incredibly responsive to our needs. There are lots of things to do other...
dealing with the pox right now! We had 3-4 spots when we woke yesterday then 10ish more when she woke up frome a late morning nap. By this morning she was COVERED (older sister wasn't so spotty) and she had the blisters (yes, they are blistery but pretty small) fever started today. older DD spiked the fever first. by now she has a few crusting over. that's a weird policy. you can get them anywhere from 7 to 21 days (though most get them 14-21 days later.)
I`m pretty sure Seats for Kids will also arrange for a tech to come to you for a fee. What car and what seat are you working with? Have ypu tried both seat belt and UAS install?
We sent our child initially because our 2nd child was born and we needed some time with the newborn where the older child wasn't frustrated that we couldn't play with her. Now we send her because honestly, if I had her home full time I'd go a little batty. I love my child intensely and she is one intense kid. She's not at all easy going. Having a few hours with just the youngest and me gives me a break and allows me to be a better parent. It's also nice to know that...
We use VERY STURDY real bowls (actually custard cups - square white ones) that are very cheap and very sturdy (did I mention very sturdy? lol) with our 12 mth old. We used them the 1st time around too but we don't hand them to her that often. When she does more than put the spoon in her hair she will get goopy food and a spoon in them for sure. Otherwise she just gets food on her tray. When she moves from tray to directly at the table (as in she stops throwing everything...
I think what I love most about Jan is that she treats me like an equal in my care and like an intelligent participant in my care. She is upfront and honest about choices I can make/ she can offer (legally or otherwise) It's really hard to think about using someone new when you have such a strong connection. We are so vulnerable when pregnant and birthing that the care provider really needs to be a good match. at the same time, we can't always have our primary care...