or Connect

Posts by Jes'sBeth

I did NOT like administering the reward thing. As a tutor you are supposed to give out 10 tokens per hour to each child. You are not really supposed to hold back unless you really have a difficult child. So really, what's the point of the system? IMO it's just bribery. I don't like that. I didn't ever have a student at Sylvan who was REALLY motivated by the token thing, they were all great kids who appreciated getting a bit of extra help. It's hard to act up when the...
I've been at tutor at Sylvan It is an individualized program and the centre has a lot of resources. They work to help fill gaps for sure. I think that you do get a good program for what you pay for and I also think that you can get equally good tutoring and homework support cheaper if you look around. There are often newly trained or retired teachers who are looking to supplement their income by tutoring. If you know what you are looking for/ what gaps you want to fill...
I'm the other parent in the mix here... just to clarify... SIL is no longer immunocompromised. There's no way we would expose someone immunocompromised. That would just be wrong. She's very sensitive to health threats because she was so sick as a teenager. She's a completely healthy adult now. The baby is her normal happy self and has about 8 spots. A mild dose at best. The OP (my wife) had CP as an adult - she was 28 at the time and had an easy go. Step mother, mother,...
oh... and some seats can be used longer than others. Carseats have various expiry dates on them (some are 6 yrs others 9 yrs etc...) longer times you can use it is helpful if you have more children since you can pass the seat down.
I hang out on www.car-seat.org to get info. You can post questions about what some good options are for you. One of the reasons ease of use is talked about so much is because a MAJOR component of a carseat being safe is using it properly. A carseat that is easy to install and use is much more likely to be used properly than a difficult to use seat. Other than that lots of seats are recommended because they rear face longer (to 30 or 35 lbs) they have nice high top strap...
Hi! If you're headed back to where you used to be, I expect you will find it difficult to find a care provider that will allow a breech VBAC. A close friend of mine who is in labour right now is having a VBAC- hopefully- in that city. her first cs was due to breech. she couldn't find a care provider the first time around who would deliver a know breech baby. There were 2 breech babies delivered in one hospital there according to her but they were surprise breech...
lap baby. There's no way I'd drive that long with 2 kids in the car. Our 7 hr drive to my Mom's place with a 3 yr old and 3 month old was a 10 hr ordeal. It SUCKED! But then our 3 yr old is NOT good in the car (never has been) She wouldn't nap because she was too excited to see Grandma and our little one was great until an hour from my Mom's place at which point she had had ENOUGH and cried. We stopped twice to change and feed but she wasn't hungry anymore and didn't need...
I made one for a snugride. It's really easy. Just a bit of elastic and a bunch of fleece. I made it very quickly when I couldn't find a cover that didn't have a piece that went behind baby and there was still 4 feet of snow on the ground last March (it melted pretty fast... when DD was born Mar 30th we were down to about a foot of snow... still, I was glad we had the cover) I put a little flap thinger on it so it would completely cover baby or I could see her face.
Maybe I'll switch over to bamboo... I can wash it in the dishwasher, it won't break when we drop it and it looks cool (though my daughter will be unhappy about the lack of pink...)
Our 9lber did NOT fit the Marathon at birth (and she was FAR from small let me tell you!) but fit quite nicely when we moved her over at 3-4 months. She was above the slots at that point. At 8 months she's about 3/4 of the way between the first and 2nd slots (so is still in the first slots, of course) I just checked her height in the seat today. It is truely amazing how much variability there is in children and how they carry their height. My neice was still in the bottom...