or Connect

Posts by Jes'sBeth

I don't know about using corelle though... I have picked shards of corelle out of my feet once too often (we used corelle daily as a kid) sure they're hard to break but when they do break they SHATTER! We would regularly walk through the kitchen barefoot and find another shard from one or another dish that had broken even if it had been weeks since we had broken anything. You just can't get thousands of pieces up easily... they bounce under appliances and then work their...
Princess Smartypants is one of my favourite stories (Babette Cole) but she doesn't wear pretty clothes. I recently tried nipping the princess thing in the bud by telling my daughter that princesses have to rule things which means that they have to be really really fair. she wasn' so keen on that and chilled out the princess thing pretty fast.
we have the Fisher Price one. Works great Our 3 yr old has dropped her camera about 3 times every time she's played with it lol. Still going strong
My 3 yr old LOVES Mary Poppins. It holds up remarkably well plus it's not scary.
does he like to cook? You could put together a bunch of recipes from the internet and print them off for him (I googled 'kid recipes' and got this: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/YourKi...6AndUnder.aspx but you can probably do better than that with more time) and then see if you can make him a chef badge (safety pin taped to construction paper) or some such. Or you could get him a 6 pack of diet coke/Pepsi and a package of mentos and tell him to fire them off in the...
The sets are SO SO SO expensive compared to the bins of plain ones though and honestly they plain bins are so great for open ended construction. One thing I remember being disappointed with when I was a kid and got a set was that it was great to build the land cruiser or whatever (we had moon stuff and star wars from the first time around lol) but then you couldn't really build anything else with it. With the big bin of fun coloured ones you could just build and it didn't...
Our DD is not using a bed rail right now though we have used one with slats under the matress. We just made sure that the rail was in tight so that it couldn't slip off and it worked just fine... it never slipped and worked just fine. We now just put a pillow between her and the edge of the bed. It works just fine. She doesn't roll over the pillow (though if we forget the pillow... there's a big floor pillow just beside the bed in case she rolls out. The matress is only...
How close are you planning on spacing your children? I assume that it only fits in the middle of the back seat because you need to be able to move the passenger and drivers seats back far enough to accomodate leg... If that's the concern... depending on weight gain it might not be much of a concern by the time your 2nd arrives. My 3 yr old was 35 lbs (the true fit is the only seat on the Canadian market that rear faces to 35 lbs) around 2.5 yrs. FF isn't much of a problem...
Are the manuals that different from Canada to the US? My Canadian Frontier has the LBP shown and described in my manual. It took me a while the first time (not an hour though) to get it in tightly and correctly but now it's no more than 10 mins or so. I'm using the LBP as I have no latch and the SBP was laughable in my car.
our butter and margarine are now kept on top of the frige to keep our 3.5 yr old from eating them. of course getting a spoon would be too much work. Ours eats it with her fingers! I think it would be an equal exchange but the known evil is safer than the unknown evil here!