or Connect

Posts by Jes'sBeth

our very verbal 3.5 yr old has gone through several bouts of stuttering now. We kinda freaked out the first time and did a bunch of research and apparently it's quite common. Even now she'll go through a period of stuttering for a few days or a week or 2 and then outgrow it again. Usually she's had a 'language burst' when it's happening (adding a new grammatical structure, learned a bunch of new words and is trying to incorporate them into her language or something like...
Squeeky shoes for sure are super flexible. Also check out Sears. We've gotten really lucky there and at discount stores, even Walmart. If you're willing to look around and take your time in the store you can often find one or 2 pair that are super flexible even at mainstream stores and often for really reasonable prices (we found these GREAT shoes at Sears that were about $10 in the remaindered shoe section. We couldn't believe our luck!)
a really good waterproof tent that you can stand up in is SOOOO worth it! Get one a bit bigger than you think you need because you will love the extra space when it rains! A sleeping mat for everyone Extra clothes (especially warm) for the kids (because pit toilets are an experience with kids and it takes some getting used to to get to the bathroom fast enough!) and the warm clothes because they get cold way faster than you will as an adult. a ball, some beach toys and...
At 8 a child should know that they HAVE to keep the seatbelt on at all times! To be honest, my 3 yr old knows we all have to wear seatbelts and asks if my wife and I have ours on. She knows that she has to tell us if we have forgotten her harness (which we did once. We were only 2 minutes out of the parking lot when our DD started freaking out. I was SOOO glad she did!) And an 8 yr old should also know when he's being told something important. In that situation I would...
I see a few kids RF longer but mostly I see LITTLE kids forward facing (like clearly under a year) I got into an arguement with the man selling me boxes to pack into when I was moving this summer (I told him he should max out his seat rear facing because the CAP and the AAP recommended it and he told me there was controversy over whether it was safer or not to rear face vs forward face. I told him it wasn't that he was breaking the law by forward facing his 9 month old and...
Evil Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 $0 it was a gift (I HATE this seat!) Marathon $280 2nd Marathon replace crashed seat $0 (insurance paid $280) borrowed snug ride for child 2 $55 (to replace the base that was starting to stick funny with the car seat when we returned it. It works perfectly with the new base.) Frontier $280 (yep, I'm in Canada... our carseats cost more here) so personally we've paid $560 which will do us until DD 2 outgrows the Marathon or DD1 outgrows the...
I really just want a place to vent... My older DD is 3.5. My wife carried her and she has always been a very enthusiastic and frequent nurser. My younger DD is 5.5 months. Older DD is still nursing with my wife but recently has discovered that I have more milk. Now I'm happy to share (it's kinda nice actually because for that first year I would have given ANYTHING to nurse her so she would stay with me without crying for more than 1/2 an hour. I feel like I get to bond...
Yeah, I wouldn't get another Marathon or Blvd if you've got a tall child. You'll be out of it too fast. (our tall skinny 3 yr old was within an inch of her top slots. She was FF since she was 35 lbs (in Canada) so we have her in a Frontier now and Little Sister got the Marathon. The true-fit looks like a nice seat. I played with it in the store. I'd look at a Radian too though. Nice tall slots and skinny seat.
I'd figure out a way to tie the matress too. You have slats underneath I think because you mention that they push them up from underneath... I'd just find something flat like webbing and run it the length of the matress and tie it to the slats. You should still be able to use a sheet (especially if you don't pull it through a slat until you go under the matress a bit) and then you could get a buckle or just tie it together underneath. Put the sheet on overtop of that...
I've found this very interesting because I really was caught off guard by the responses. I had no idea that not being able to see your 3 yr old was common practice at dance studios (it was quite clear to me that I was barred from the room. That throws up MAJOR red flags for me) I still cannot get over how rude the woman was to us nor how many parents were clearly uncomfortable with the set up. We were all sitting there uncomfortably in the lobby listening to the girls...