or Connect

Posts by Viriditas

Hi,   I'm hoping someone can recommend a good couples/marriage counselor in PDX that is either low-cost or has a sliding scale.   Also, if anyone has ideas about how to figure out childcare for an autistic 7-year-old and a 15-month-old during counseling sessions, I'd be all ears.    I'm really worried about the expense of this, but we need it desperately.   Thanks much,   Amy  
Why not let him feed himself purees with something like this?  
DD often starts out the night in the sleepy wrap with me lying back propped up on pillows. Because she's in the wrap, I'm not worried about her sliding off my chest into the pillows. A few hours into the night she starts to squirm, so I take her out, wrap her up in a blanket, and we fall asleep again with her lying on her side nursing.   She doesn't like sleeping on her back, and if she lies on her back after nursing she ALWAYS spits up. DS never spit up and was...
We are kinda partially doing EC right now. I had planned to be more gung-ho about it from the beginning, but our first order of business was getting her latch fixed so the big scab on my nipple could heal, and I've really been feeling like I/we need as much sleep as possible overnight, so we've been using sposies at night. It's also hard to keep the whole house warm (we have crappy wall heaters in every room and no thermostat) so diaper-free time only happens in the...
Evie at 2 1/2 days old. :)  
Evelyn Margaret Born 11-25-11 at 7:54 PM 8lbs 10oz, 21.5 inches long One week early :)     I woke up Friday morning with the same constant, hardly noticeable Braxton hicks contractions I have every day. I was feeling frustrated about this.   Around noon, the contractions changed. They weren’t painful but they were more pronounced and I could feel them in my back. They were also coming about every 2 minutes. The change was enough to make me think “hmm,”...
Evelyn (middle name TBD) was born last night at 7:54 PM. We went from discussing whether I was far enough along to get in the pool to me pushing her out on the foot of my bed 10 minutes later!   8 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/2 inches long, and 1 week early. ;) Pictures and birth story to follow soon.  
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!    I have a bunch of assorted friends and family amazed that I'm not having a baby today. It's DS's birthday and he was born on Thanksgiving 6 years ago. It's also the first time since DS's birth that Thanksgiving has been on November 24th. So apparently there's no way I CAN'T have my second baby exactly 6 years after the first one and on Thanksgiving too. It's too big a coincidence, what with me being 39 weeks pregnant and tending to go...
Hey everyone! I've been lurking over the last few weeks, but haven't wanted to post, for some reason. I figure now that it's so much quieter on this thread I'll chime in.   DS: Born at 38 weeks, 4 days Surrobabe: Born at 37 weeks This baby: 38 weeks, 4 days and counting...   This is officially the longest I've ever had a baby in me. After contractions and lots of other early labor signs at 35-37 weeks, midwives, family, and I are all kind of amazed she's...
When I was a kid I had to spend every other Christmas with my dad. When I was 16 he gave me a big, expensive Hickory Farms gift box. I was/am a vegetarian. He knew this. He told me that I could still eat the crackers and cheese and jam. He and my brother really enjoyed that gift box.