or Connect

Posts by Viriditas

Congrats to the new (and impending!) babies! How exciting!   I'm getting a little nervous because DH and DS are leaving for CA for 5 days tomorrow, and even though I'm just shy of 36 weeks, I KNOW I'm going to have a hard time keeping this baby in much longer. I really, really don't want to go into labor when they're not here. I have become a bump on the couch, because whenever I exert myself in the tiniest way I start getting really crampy contractions (different...
Yes, I know you are talking about California. I lived in California when I started my surrogacy journey, and I am very familiar with the way things work there. My point was that I think it's better the way they handle things in California with PBOs.   I'm not sure why you are talking about IEPs. That seems really random. But I gave my permission for my IPs access to all my medical records related to the pregnancy and birth, and I think most surrogates do. In addition,...
I also had no pre-labor signs the first time. When I went to bed at 11 PM I figured I'd be waiting another 2 weeks. I had NO idea I was going to go into labor any time soon. Woke up 2 hours later with strong, regular contractions and bloody show, my water broke within an hour, and baby was born that day. Don't lose hope!  
I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Every surrogate sets her own fees and chooses an amount she feels is appropriate. Many agencies have guidelines for fees, but it's ultimately the surrogate's choice. IME, they vary from about 18,000 - 30,000, not including expenses. Sometimes more if a surrogate is experienced. But lots of surrogates deliberately set a lower fee, or choose not to take compensation at all. It's a very personal thing, and I don't know of any...
Last time I had an orgasm a couple days ago, I had really strong, crampy, regular contractions for several hours. Yikes! Since I'm only 35 weeks, DH and I agreed to abstain until I hit 37 weeks. Kinda sucks, but already I can tell this baby's not staying in until her due date, and I don't want her to be born too early.    
Oh, crap! That's what I get for trying to do something useful at 4:30 in the morning.
Seriously? 64% say no? That is so depressing. I thought that in Portland, of all places, people would be more supportive. I see people nursing toddlers here all the time, and no one bats an eye. Maybe I really do have to break out the boob hat I made once this baby is born.  
Insomnia time!   Spreading the Halloween love.  
Unfortunately, I'm having trouble embedding the video, but here's the link:   http://youtu.be/wmG80v473AI   From my Facebook post:   I can never decide what I like better: the lyrics, the props, that it looks like a demo for Toast...but what really, truly makes this art is the way our friend Mr. Curry throws himself 110% into the worst musical number ever made. Genius.    
DDCC   DS started having the same problem when he was a few weeks old. Lucky for me, it was easy to figure out the cause. I was dairy-free at the time, but he was born a month before Christmas and I had been cheating and eating desserts with dairy in them around the holidays. As soon as I stopped with the dairy, he was fine.