or Connect

Posts by Viriditas

With DS I didn't want to eat anything. DH squeezed me fresh OJ several times and I had a spoonful of honey and some herbal tea near the end. I kind of wish I had forced myself to eat something though, because I was completely exhausted at the end, and my labor was only 14 hours.   This time I have coconut water and recharge (I don't usually drink bottled juice, but the recharge was on my birth supply list) and all kinds of snacks for the midwives, dh, ds, and my...
We have problems with fleas, too. There's this stuff we got at Healthy Pet NW (they have a few locations in PDX) called FleaGo. It's a jar of stuff you sprinkle into your carpets and under your couch cushions, leave for 5 days, then vacuum up. The jar is $23 and it lasts an entire year. The year before last we had a MAJOR infestation. Our cat was dropping flea dirt, eggs, and even larvae (eeew!) everywhere. DS and I were getting eaten up (somehow DH managed to escape any...
I've been getting this for a few weeks too. It almost always happens at night when I've been lying still for several hours. I've tried stretching and yoga before bed, but it doesn't seem to help. :( It makes it hard to get back to sleep when I wake up at night and I'm always grouchy in the morning because I wake up so achey.   I don't have any solutions, but I do feel your pain!  
I'm still mostly at the "planning and list-making" stage of my nesting. I have made a couple freezer meals (but I've got a lot more on my to-do list for this week), washed baby clothes and diapers, and done all the shopping that I needed to do for remaining baby stuff and birth supplies. So I have everything (except the birth pool, which I can't pick up until next week). But the house is still REALLY disorganized and a huge mess. DH and DS are going to be gone from...
Ooh! How exciting! Try not to be too discouraged if your labor starts and stops. Your body's still doing good work, and it might not be so exhausting for you as a continuous labor.   Personally, I'm hoping for a loooong early labor. That happened to me last time. For 3 days I had regular, slightly uncomfortable but not really painful contractions that started and stopped. When I finally went into active labor I was already at 4 cm and had been for awhile. I climbed...
Not feeling so sensitive about the boob hat today, lol. The pregnancy hormones are really getting to me lately! I think I will hang on to the hat and only use it if DH isn't around, like many of you suggested. :)   Here's a present for everyone...I've had this song stuck in my head for the past 2 days. It really shows my age. This was on the second cassette tape I ever bought:     [[SPOILER]]      
Sigh. I need to vent. So I got a big box of yarn in the mail today and immediately started on a project I've really been looking forward to. It didn't take me long to finish it:     Cute, right?   So I showed DH a picture when I found the pattern a few weeks ago and he basically said he thought it was silly and rolled his eyes. When I told him I was making it today, he said, "You're really making that?"   Then, after I had finished, he kind of exploded...
Thank you. :)   I don't think it was so much deliberate mental/emotional preparation. I really didn't do anything like that. I think it was just the mindset I had going into the whole experience. As in, "This isn't my baby. It's not related to me in any way. I'm just taking care of it for awhile." When he was born, all I felt was, "Crap! There's a baby on me! I wasn't supposed to be responsible for him, he was supposed to go straight to his daddies! I'm all he has until...
I bought the EC simplified ebook. I really liked it! I feel much better prepared this time around. With DS, we did it for a couple months and it was going well, then we hit a potty pause and lost motivation. I also didn't really know what to look for in terms of his signals (or else he just wasn't a big signaler...his autism might have something to do with that).   We're trying again with this baby. Part of our decision is based on the fact that we live in an...
Thank you for your response! I was beginning to think I should have given the thread a provocative, enticing title so people would read it. :P   I bet the family in Toronto will help us out however they can if it means we'll move back there. I think if we end up going we will probably stay with DH's parents for a few weeks and take the time to find a really good apartment and go shopping at estate sales for furniture and everything.    I talked to my mom...