or Connect

Posts by prairie girl

Today DH asked whether we'd include the fact that we're a medically necessary scheduled c-section in our birth announcement email going to family & friends. His thinking is that it avoids any 'how was labour', 'how long was labour' reply emails. We've kept the c-section date a secret as we'd like to give people the surpirse they'd normally have. Any opinions on whether to mention the c-section?   FirstName MiddleName LastName Born date via scheduled...
No worries about the questions. I also had a lot of difficulty finding others 'like me'. Fibroids usually/typically are not a problem with fertility, but for me they were.    I had 2 m/c's and then 1.5 years of not being able to concieve. I didn't know I had fibroids until the first m/c. Eventually, it was decided that removing the fibroids was the best plan to find out if they might be the problem. I had 2 surgeries to remove 3 fibroids. There were 2 different...
Yours is very similar to my situation. I had 2 surgeries to remove Fibroids, hystroscopic & laproscopic. I knew they would result it it being very likely I'd need a c-section.   Thanks to the Firbroids being removed I'm now 37 weeks pregnant.  When I got pregnant my OBGYN reviewed the OR reports to make a determiniation & came up with the same decision as the doctor in your case - c-section needed, uterus shouldn't labour. My c-section is scheduled next week & while...
This site does let you set paramenters like "can't end in TH".   http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/advanced-name-finder   My DH found it really helpful when he was looking for names that end in the CK sound without being able to be nicknamed Rick.
On the weekend I made some homemade popsicles which contain prune juice. I'm hoping they're a way for me to 'drink' prune juice more frequently than I have been.
I'm one of those people who was unable to get & stay pregnant. I totally avoided pregnant people in particular and parents in general. This included two SIL's and a number of good friends. It's self-protection. I didn't feel good about it, but I totally had to do it.   So, yes, it's probably true that the friends of yours who are or might be experiencing fertility issues or infertility are avoiding you. Though they are happy for you, they're also sad for themselves....
I'm a huge freezer cook already. It's a bit trickier for with summer time cooking (soups and stews seem out of season), but I love @tolovemercy's idea about using the slow cooker more than the oven. I also agree with @scowgirl that grillling will be best in summer. I'lll be seeking otu recipes for chicken/fish that you freeze with sauce so it marinates while it defrosts & then you BBQ.   I love the Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer books...
Beautifully written. Thank you so much for sharing.   Now that I'm a scheduled C, I'm finding there's a bunchof people I now who hadn't ever disclosed that they had a cesarean.   These words will stay with me:   "I saw the outcome, the forest for the trees, if you will, but the trees were still fucking scary.  Their leafless branches still scratched me and the owls hooted at me from their holes and the wind howled"   "Oh you, you c-section mama, you mama...
oops
Thanks for the advice about time off for DH. We're in Canada jointley we're entitled to 37 weeks parental leave. But it's hard not to think that ever week he takes is deleted from my entitlement. Still, I want all the support I can get during recovery.  I think we're going to go with 6 weeks off. If he needs to reduce it to 4 weeks, that's easier than modifying his request up from 4 weeks.   Thanks everyone for sharing their previous experiences & especially to...