or Connect

Posts by mimmish

So my kids (10 & 7) have been co-sleeping with me off and on since birth. My idea was that they would grow out of it when they were ready. I have encouraged them to sleep in their own beds, and provided them both with nice rooms.  When they were 3 & 6 I started to insist on them going to bed in their own rooms, and then they could come into our room (their parents' room) in the middle of the night if they wanted.    Then two years ago their dad and I split up, and as...
Thanks for the great ideas about giving kids something to focus on (nicknames, for example, of birth announcements). My son has already warned me that no matter what I name the baby, he's going to call him "Chuck."  Could be worse!
WebMD has a list of essential oils/aromatherapy to avoid while pregnant and here it is:   Avoid these aromatherapy essential oils: calamus, mugwort, pennyroyal, sage, wintergreen, basil, hyssop, myrrh, marjoram, and thyme.   Neither peppermint nor tea-tree oil is on there.   I think you're safe and it sounds like you're going way out of your way to keep your baby safe and healthy inside your body. There's surely no harm in mentioning it to your midwife next...
Mine are 10 (boy) and 7 (girl), and the new baby will be my first with a new partner (their new stepdad). Both older kids are very excited, which is great. I DID find out the sex, and did tell them, which, in retrospect, may have been a mistake.  I wanted them to be happy with the baby brother their getting instead of dreaming about a little sister, but little did I suspect the troubles this would cause as far as choosing a name!!!  Now that they know it's a boy, both...