or Connect

Posts by ebethmom

My kids just started in public schools this year in 5th grade (Middle School here) and 2nd grade.  We had homeschooled up until our move here.  The early start times have been a huge adjustment.  When we homeschooled, my kids slept until they woke up.  One child has a steady body clock and was up by 8:00 every day.  The other child fluctuated between 8:30 and 10:00 wake-up.  I do see that as a huge benefit of homeschooling.  My kids were usually well-rested and had...
How is school going for your daughter?   We've had some big changes recently and my kids just transitioned from homeschooling to public school.  So far it's going really well!   My daughter (2nd grade) was behind in her spelling and writing.  Her teacher told us about that early in the school year.  We've worked on extra writing at home and now she is all caught up.    I am still very glad that we homeschooled in those early years.  I feel that my daughter is...
I have two brothers and a stepsister.  I love them and I love spending time with them.  My stepsister lives halfway across the country, so we only see each other twice a year.  It's never enough!  My brothers live 1 1/2 from me, but only a mile or two from each other.  They spend a lot of time together.  I would love to spend more time with them both, but it's hard to get together.   I would say that we're all friends. 
I know that my 10 year old son was a newborn when I first came to MDC.  I remember having to join twice, so that must have been the crash.  Everything from that time is clouded by that dense firstborn fog.    MDC influenced so much of those baby days:  cloth diapering and our daughter's homebirth were the biggies.  MDC was my lifeline back then.  I didn't find a group of IRL friends who practiced AP until my kids were much older.
A nap!!   I organized my head for the upcoming workweek, finalized details with our accompanist, and fed myself healthy food.
I hope that WA works out for you!  Crane appears to be in the middle of nowhere.     
How is WW going for you?  I just rejoined last week.  The last time I went to WW faithfully, I lost 65 pounds.  That was back in 2002 - 2003.  Then I had another baby and gained all of that back plus another 20 pounds.  Boo.   I need to find my Lifetime number.   At least there is that plus - once I get down to my Lifetime weight again, I won't need to pay the meeting fees for the 6 weeks of maintenance.   The new e-tools program is really cool!  I really like...
I agree with the PP's - treat her words as just babble, and look into childcare arrangements while you are there.    It does sound like it's worth sticking to the agreement.  If that land is close to the UK Research property that I'm familiar with, then any deal is worth it!  That's some gorgeous countryside!   Could you play a book on tape while you work?  If you fill up the air space with someone else's words, maybe she wouldn't have as much opportunity to spew...
Hi Marissa!  I have two Beyond Five in a Row volumes, but we haven't used them yet.  My dd is still in FIAR, and my son is doing other homeschool things right now.  Have you visited the FIAR website?  The books in Beyond FIAR are listed there.  The Beyond FIAR volumes aren't written to be used in any particular order.  You could look at the books that are studied in each volume and make your choice that way.  Each volume has two fiction works and two...
We just got home from Institute last night.  We came home to a boatload of b.s., and it makes me long for a life at Institute!  I'm always sad to reenter the outside world, and the transition is even more extreme this year.      It's so gratifying to see my kids grow so much in one week.  My son played in orchestra for the first time.  It was HARD for him at the beginning of the week, but he finished the week with a sense of accomplishment.  When their informal...