or Connect

Posts by mommy2clara

Thank you!  That does help a lot!  I really hope it won't be too much trouble for me to snuggle DD while the baby is otherwise occupied with nursing, or maybe sleeping him/herself.  My DD was an excellent sleeper as a newborn, and I guess if I'm lucky, her sibling will be too?  Haha.  On a positive note, I'm wondering if it'll actually help DD not be too jealous, if I'm still spending plenty of time with her at bedtime even though the baby is there too.  Maybe??
Anybody have experience doing bedtime alone with a bedsharing toddler and young baby?  We're expecting #2 in June.  DD, currently 20 months/will be 28 months when the baby is born, needs me to lie down with her (she is not in our room anymore, but we have a double mattress in her room and bedshare part time) for probably an average of 20 minutes before she falls asleep.  I don't want to take that away from her, but I need to figure out how to make it work once the baby...
I think I took this a little personally because myself and my colleagues are highly trained in early childhood education, and most of us have years of experience.  I think what we do is very important.  I took this thread as a bunch of people basically saying anyone could do our job, and my posts were a reaction to that.  I think this is mostly a difference in philosophy/beliefs about education, and I apologize for my use of the word "should," as that was indeed...
If you home school K-12 kids, you research the curriculum and you teach it.  Likewise, preschool also has a curriculum.  Constructivism and Montessori are probably the most widely known/used.  All I'm saying is that a homeschooling parent should be implementing one of these curriculums same as they would research and implement K-12 curriculum.  The reason I would send my DD to preschool even if I stayed home, is because I just love the atmosphere of a well-run preschool...
I would like to find a female OB in St. Louis who is educated and supportive in natural birth.  I need to deliver somewhere where they will be fine with bonding and breastfeeding for as long as I want directly following the birth.  I also want a place that is supportive of rooming in (ie, will not try to talk me out of it if I say it's what I want) and where minimal number of people will touch/breathe on my baby.  Any recommendations?  TIA.
I'm a preschool teacher, and I DO believe there is enormous value in sending children to preschool 2-4 days a week for 2-3 hours, starting two school years before the school year they are kindergarten eligible.  I hope that people who choose to home school their preschoolers are as well-versed in constructivist curriculum, as they surely are in K-12 curriculum.  Most of the kids who attend the preschool where I teach have SAHP's or are cared for by grandparents.  I don't...
Thanks ladies, that helps a lot.  I just needed some encouraging words from like-minded moms.  It's tough being a first-time mom, questioning everything I do.
Hi!  I just joined because my husband and I bedshare with our daughter, who has her first birthday in a few days, and I need to vent/have a few questions about how things are going for us.   So, my daughter, has been, and relatively speaking still is, a good sleeper and has been since birth.  We bedshare by choice; I'm breastfeeding and she still likes to night nurse, and it's just easier that way.  Also, as a full time working mom I like the extra closeness that it...