or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

Not that great!  The egg wash made my hair feel cleaner but it got really waxy.  I did an apple sauce wash, dried it and then had to get back in the shower to wash it again because of the little pieces of apple.  It was amazing at getting rid of the wax though.  Then I did a few BS washes with a black tea rinse and my hair seemed quite OK, I could wear it down.  Then I made the mistake of reading a blog that said that BS was way to harsh for your hair, would cause long...
I hope this thread is still live because I've just gone 'no poo'.   I have thin hair but lots of it and shed an insane amount of hair all year round.  I also have scalp problems a sort of mild cradle cap eczema that forms around my hair line so I have to use special shampoo to get rid of it.  I really wanted to find a sodium laureth sulphate free shampoo but I had to order it online and it was really expensive so I thought I would try no poo.   The first wash I used a...
This hasn't been off my mind since I read it.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  To be so scared by an adult that your DS had to throw up is shocking.  I hope you all get the help you need!
  Yeah DD had them from the BF hormones but then they went away, it's only recently that they came back on one side.   So we had the ultrasound today, great fun trying to get a crying DD to lay still.  She gets really scared if she has to lay down with her clothes off anywhere else than home.   The doc said her adrenal glands looked perfect.  She couldn't get the best look at her ovaries because her bladder was empty but she said if there had been any kind of significant...
No they haven't drawn any blood.  I asked whether she would do that on Wednesday but she said it wasn't necessary.  Ooh I just wish it was Wednesday already, my gut is telling me that nothing is wrong but still, I'm nervous.  
Last week I noticed that my DD had a breast bud under her left nipple.  It could of been there longer and that I only just noticed, it's not something I regularly check.  After looking around online it seemed that it some cases it was no problem, sometimes it was related to the milk they were drinking and other times related to a hormonal imbalance.   I decided to take her to the peadiatrician because I thought it was weird that she only had it on one side.  She gave...
I haven't tried corn starch before.  I did recently try dry shampoo in a spray can but it was a disaster.  It's really talc in a can.  The whole bathroom was covered and my hair looked grey (it's dark brown) and powdery.   My hair is straight but if I don't blow dry it is kinks out and just looks odd.   I guess maybe washing it every three days isn't that bad then!  My mum has super thick blond hair and only washes it once a week and it stays looking...
I have fine hair buts lots of, I naturally shed a lot of hair.  When I was pregnant I hardly shed any at all then at 3 months PP I started loosing a ton of hair until about 7 months PP.  Then I started growing a lot of new hair and it looked kind of crazy so I got my hair cut into a very short layered bob.  It looked great and stayed in shape for days without washing.  Now though it has started to get longer and it's getting greasier and greasier.  It's not really long...
Thanks for the tip.  I hadn't considered using any kind of herb, but why not!   I just read on another site that it likes fairly well drained soil.  My window boxes have plugs in the bottom with a self watering reservoir so I had better take them out.  My DH is crazy about watering so they would otherwise drown.   I have seen thyme before with little purple flowers, do you think all varieties flower? Thx  
Back at the beginning of the summer I bought some lovely plastic, but look like dark grey stone, window boxes.  I had daffodils in them and they looked great but they are of course now dead.  We are trying really hard to see if we can get buy on one pay check so I won't have to go back to work in January so it's really not feasible for me to plant them up with seasonal plants every few months.   I'm looking for some winter hardy plants, we live in Belgium so typical...