or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

I met two friends who I hadn't seen since school who seemed to be midwives and they were going to hook me up with a cheap ex-hospital pump!  It must be really on my brain these days!   Although I've only been going for 4 months I'm already looking ahead at how I'm going to stop in two months.  Do you just reduce the minutes you pump each day by say 2 a day?  I was thinking that I might continue for another couple of months just pumping once a day, anything past 6 months...
Well yesterday and today we have had 4 naps alone in her crib :)  She seems to need to nap 1 1/2 hrs after drinking and typically for about 45mins.  She starts moaning a bit and I walk around with her in my arms with her paci until she falls asleep, it's always tummy to tummy.  Then I took her into our room, closed the window and pulled the blinds, then I wrapped her in a very light blanket so that she was feeling the blanket and not my skin, she kept sleeping, then I...
Ok, that's good to know, it's funny she got so many stuffed toys when she was born and their all lined up waiting for her to get big enough  
Hi everyone   Two nights ago I had a dream about my pump, go figure!  
I'm trying to get my DD to like a particular toy, it has a bears head and then changes into a sort of cloth. I'm sleeping with it in my nightdress and tonight she fell asleep with it next to her face but then I took it away. She is 4 months and cant clear her face. At what age do you think its a good idea to leave something in the crib?
I forgot to add that I do have a Moby which she loves.  At the moment it's a bit hot though and I always get the thing too tight and have trouble getting the 'safety belt' up or too loose.  she seems to hang more than sit.  What age can you use them upto?   I am going to try to make the waist strap on the Beco smaller, even on the smallest setting it's a bit loose so she doesn't have much support.  She always cries when I take her out, i'm not sure if her legs are so...
I nearly bought a second hand one this week! Thanks so much :)  
I'm not heating the BM at all (only formula) because i need to keep all leftovers.  You can't keep leftovers when it's been heated can you?   Jessi i remember what you said a few posts ago about how much sleep you would get if you weren't EPing, I totally know what you mean!  I gave DD the last bottle at about 9.30pm, it was about 11pm before i could get to sleep.  I fed her again at 3.50, pumped and stored milk etc until about 4.45 and then couldn't get to sleep because...
Thanks so much for your replies!   Yesterday I just gave up and gave myself a day off, I was getting so stressed out.  I think the EPing is just making it worse, I didn't get much sleep last night.  LO woke up at 7 ready to play so I got up early to pump and have breakfast before i fed her at 9.30, she had the hiccups and was getting pretty stressed out so i had to stop pumping but then she fell asleep while drinking her bottle, I  took her into our bed, slipped her...
My DD has never really napped alone, even from the moment she was born she has always needed to be worn or held (not necessarily by me).   I had just kind of accepted it that for 45mins in-between each feed I would be stuck on the couch or trotting around with her in the Beco trying to get things done with one hand.  We had an appointment at the health visitors office last week and she told me if she doesn't start napping alone by 6 months she will be so aware of...