or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

Jessi I can't think about going back and doing things differently either, makes me too angry at the nurse that prob gave her formula and the doc who said to give her such large bottles.  Yes 6x6oz bottles a day, I have to say she probably only empties about 4 of them.  She was having 6x150ml until Monday when 1 1/2 hrs after feeding she was hungry again, I guess it was a growth spurt so I started offering 180ml bottles.  During the day she still drinks every 3 hours but...
Congrats to you too Jessi!  Our DD's are nearly the same age   It's so good to know someone is feeling/experiencing the same in all of this.  I had tried explaining to someone how difficult it is and she asked why I don't just pump all the milk at one go in the morning!   Sheesh if I could pump a litre in one go...  One good thing is that i've had very good reactions from my gyne, health visitor etc, they know how hard it is and they think it's fantastic i'm...
My DD was born on 30/4/12, via cesarean due to a breech position.  When I found out that I had to have a cesarean I must admit that I cried.  Although i'm not really a crunchy/emotional person I really wanted to have the most natural birth possible, let it be the worst pain ever, I just wanted to bring my daughter into this world.  As it happens the cesarean experience was better than I thought, the gyne and midwife team were just amazing.  The recovery though was very...
Yes yes yes!   ...please :)  
Oh my goodness I can't believe you have all managed to pump for so long!  My DD is only 2 months, my goal was to BF to 6 months and i'm already finding it hard.  I think if I had enough milk it wouldn't be so bad but at the moment it seems so demoralizing.   I'm pumping after every feed for 20 mins, which is six times a day but by the sound of it I should be pumping more!  It just seems so difficult because for me to pump more because she has to be content and the...
Yeah overheating is my biggest worry.  The last few nights I have been putting DD to sleep in her nappy in the miracle blanket upto her armpits so her arms are free.  She shocks herself a lot but does go back to sleep, or i give her her dummy (about 20 times a night!)   II think the zipadee just has to much material/will be too warm for me to be comfortable with it.  If I can keep going like this for the summer and then maybe transition to a sleeping bag in the...
Yeah I think my little Astrid is trying to tell me she's done with the swaddle too.  Last night after I had put her in it she squirmed around for ages before going to sleep.  When she woke up to be fed around 5ish she had busted both arms and one leg out!  I then put her back down in the sleeping bag, she woke up a few more times so I just leaned across and gave her her paci.  The most difficult thing for me is knowing how to dress her at night.  All the books say one...
Has anyone used a Zipadee-Zip sleeping bag?   My DD of 9 weeks has slept in a miracle blanket more or less since birth.  I'll feed her at about 9.30ish, put her to bed at 10ish and she'll easily go until 4.30-5.30 and then again until 8-9.  This week it was really hot so when I put her back to sleep it was without her miracle blanket and she shocked herself awake literally every 5 mins until I wrapped her up again.  It was quite funny to see her little arms and legs...
Yeah I think you could be right, we had a lot of problems in the beginning with her choking when taking the bottle.  Had to feed her sideways laying down until last week.  She doesn't choke now but maybe she just doesn't like it?  I'm using avent bottles with the slowest nipple, here we only seem to have the choice between avent, nuby and tommy tippee, really didn't like the tommy tippee ones...  
Thanks :)   I feel a bit better now, I just had a really hard day, plus I got my period back which didn't help.   The last three nights I breastfed her successfully, she went back to sleep and seemed happy but last night after an hour of me feeding her in various positions, (she falls asleep a lot and sucks but doesn't drink) she fell asleep, I moved her to her crib where she woke up but she was laying there smiling at me so I thought she would go to sleep. ...