or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

I have some questions that maybe someone can answer for me or at least point me in the right direction.   Our library (in Belgium) doesn't have any Montessori books and I don't really have any budget for any at the moment so I'm going to check out the websites mentioned.   I understand that the basics are about helping your child to be independent and help themselves.  I was always very independent because I HAD to be, DH wasn't because he had a kind of stepford...
I was looking for this thread and couldn't remember where I'd seen it, thanks!
I hope this is the right forum for this.   I am new to Montessori and have only just started exploring it the last few days and I was wondering what the benefits of a floor bed are?  DD just turned one, she doesn't sleep through the night and when she wakes she often stands holding on to the bars.  The just can't quite walk and sleeps in a sleep bag so I have visions of her getting tangled up roaming around the room.  The cabinets are massive with doors so she def...
Hi   I'm an unbaptised publisher and haven't celebrated birthdays in over 11yrs, it really doesn't bother me.  The rest of my family lives in the UK so when we visit we use that as an opportunity for gift giving.  Our wedding aniversary is kind of a family celebration day where LO gets gifts too.   I just don't want to not mark the day where she has been alive for 1 yr YKWIM?  I also thought last night about doing a hand and foot print or something...
Hope it's ok that I post here, it's my first time on this part of the forum.   DH was raised JW, I was not.  DD's first birthday is six days away (I can't believe how fast it has gone) and I'm having trouble just ignoring it completely.  Of course I don't want a birthday celebration or cards, presents etc and I'm try to keep a really low profile with the non JW side of the family around this time, kind of hoping that they will forget about it, but it seems such a...
Sorry I meant Odin!  I went to Astrid (3 time in 2 1/2hrs lol) and it popped into my head, sorry!  
About the bottle thing, I had never given this any thought until I saw it mentioned on another thread here.  I assumed that babies just grew out of it.  The last time I was at the health visitors office, I saw on the chart that they recommend stopping with the bottle at 18months.  I asked the paediatrician who was on duty and she said it's to dissuade people who let kids drink all day from bottles with milk/juice/water etc or putting them to bed with bottles.  She had a...
Thanks for your replies   I think a framed carrier might be best too, I didn't want to admit it because they look so big and bulky but for a back carry with DD (who loves to grab things and hang over backwards) maybe it's a good idea.   I'm following one on Ebay UK (we're off to family nxt week) from Nomad, has anyone tried these?  The only reviews I can find are good.  On the Belgium sites there seem to be loads from Chicco.  We live in a fairly suburban area so I hope...
Hi   I was wondering typically how long it is possible to continue babywearing?  My 11 month old is now 22lbs and now that spring is coming I want to get back out and BW!  I have a sling which I love for wandering around the garden but she's too big and strong for me to be able to use it on a real trip out.  I also have a knock-off Beco Butterfly but it just isn't working for me.  I tried her in it this morning but I have lots of the fabric padded straps in the front...
We went this afternoon and Astrid luuuurved it!   The pool we went to is at a small holiday park and being Friday afternoon during school time we pretty much had the place to ourselves.  The kids pools have giant gnomes in it and things that squirt out water etc.  The baby pool was only about a foot deep and although they said the water was 32c it felt colder because we were never totally submerged so me moved up a pool where it was about 3ft deep.  Then she could...