or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

Well that would be the best solution but I don't think we know anyone, plus we then eat at different peoples houses so we would still have to drag it around.  Also I need to get something to use at in-laws here...
We need a travel high chair for DD who is currently 8 months old.  Mostly for when we travel to the UK and visit with my family but also for visits with the in-laws here.  She will probably be 11 months next time we travel to the UK.   I didn't realize there were so many to choose from, we need something that folds away as small as possible, we already pack the car to the roof when we go to the UK.  I'm not sure how important it is to have a built in tray.  As this...
We have also just bought two stair gates.  I think it's important to make sure you get one that doesn't have a bar to step over if you are using it at the top of the stairs.  We ordered two of these...   http://www.tesco.com/direct/lindam-extending-wooden-gate/100-3818.prd  
I'm really glad this thread got started as I started signing to DD about two weeks ago.   I am using information I found on babysignlanguage.com   At the moment I am only doing signs for water and food.  Is it best to wait until she starts signing these before adding any others?  I don't want to bombard her with too much info.  She is 8 months, do you think that's a good time to start or should I wait a bit?  I'm just not sure if I'm being repetitive enough for...
Well I've never had a keloid before either.  I'm just assuming that that's what this is, I haven't had it checked out yet.  I guess the sensation is normal but I just didn't expect it still to be bright red and thick like this.  It also still feels as if I have to be really careful around it and not knock it etc.  
I'm 8 months PP and my scar is still itchy and easily irritated.   It was 15cm, under the hair line and stitched from the inside.  It healed really quickly in that it closed quickly but I'm not sure whether it has now turned into a keloid scar.  About two cm on each side have healed so well that it's just not visible, the middle however is still bright red, about 4mm wide, thick and feels like there is a cord or rope running beneath it.  A friend who also had a...
Yay I hope things carry on down a good path for you!   We've come on in leaps and bounds in just over a week, I can't believe I'm even posting this.   DD had been waking up more and more, her first night waking was at 22.30 just after I got to bed so I hadn't even been able to sleep a bit first, she would never settle back into her crib so she came in the bed with us but the whole night she would wake up and not seem to get comfortable, want to be on me off me all the...
More commiserations here.   My DD slept like the perfect babe, 10pm until 6am until the 4 month sleep regression.  Then she would wake up constantly rolling back and forth in her crib, loosing her paci, trying to get on her side, being stuck too close to the bars etc.  That 6 weeks was just terrible.  We started co-sleeping after the first waking and this helped, although we both really had to learn to sleep next to each other.  She's now 7 1/2 mos and we had a...
I need to post this somewhere so it might as well be here...  DD is cutting her first tooth  I'm not sure if I'm ready for things to be going to fast! 
I've got one of those but when I suggested using it DH said it wouldn't be as good as a regular cool box.  I think I have tracked down a good medium size cooler, not easier to find in the middle of winter!  I am going to fill it full of loose ice and put all the vegetable cubes in one bag and all the fruit in the other (it will be a pot luck!).  I will leave it closed and just hope when I get there that everything is OK.   We are going Sat-Sun, if I give DD meat on Sat,...