or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

anybody done it?   We are going tot the UK next weekend which means a car/boat journey totalling 7 hours.   I can either...   ...take my steamer and silicon ice cube trays with me (we are staying with family) but this would mean going shopping for groceries straight away and spending a whole afternoon steaming, purreeing and freezing.   ...buy baby food from here and take it with us, don't really want to though, I don't want her to get used to very fine...
The day after this there wss one new blister, the day after no blister...  I'm off to the doctors just to check it out.  We are off to visit family for a week next week so i want to make sure I know what it is by then...  
Astrid just got through her first big cold as well.  Unbelievable that a cold can make the poor things feel so bad!  The first night I had to sit up in bed with her from 1-6am just because she had so much mucus if was hard for her to breath through it.  She didn't cry but kind of moaned all night, she kept spitting her paci out herself realizing that she couldn't breath if she used it.  I have one of those Vicks plug in things and it seemed to really help.  DD also...
Looking at the pics, I don't think it's thrush, the blisters aren't close together or near her butt, there's also very little redness.   There where no new blisters when I changed her diaper this morning so fingers crossed the inch thick layer of cream is helping!  I think not using the wipes helps too, I'm just patting her all over with a soapy cloth, then a cloth with just water and then patting her dry, hopefully we've turned a corner  
My DD is in cloth during the day and disposables at night (Pampers)   Last week when I changed her nappy first thing she had what looked like a small blisters/white head in the crease of her leg where the edge of the diaper is.  I though it had maybe got pinched or was from sweating or something.  At the same time she had a really terrible cold and was quite miserable so I put her in disposables full time so I could changer her every 3 hours instead of two to give...
First I ordered some generic brand at the chemist (I'm in Belgium so they probably wouldn't be the same).  They collected the milk really well but they had a strange shape that was visible through my clothes and left big circles on my breasts when I took them off.   Then I ordered these...   http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/592/softshells   The silicon that goes against your skin was very soft so that my nipple actually went further into the...
Here's the link to the new thread   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357392/new-exclusive-pumping-tribe  
That's great MadelinesMama, hope you are enjoying the extra time off!     Thinking of you Jessimaca!   Well I think yesterday was officially my last day of pumping!  After my mum had visited I was down to two pumps a day.  I was going to continue like this until I stopped for definite a week before we go to the UK, around 17 Nov.  I had never really had any trouble with sore nipples when I was pumping 6 times a day but the less I pumped the more sore and cracked they...
I think that most of the sleep problems my LO has been having the last two months (she is now 6 months) could just be because of the paci.  She used to sleep through but since 4 months she wakes multiple multiple times when the paci has fallen out.  I then get up and give it back but she spends upto 15 mins playing with it, chewing it, throwing it etc.  I think things would improve dramatically without it.   At bedtime she usually falls into a milk coma after her...
Pfff here is what's going on at the moment...   Last Saturday DD took a mega long nap when we where out walking, 15.15-17.25ish, she normally naps 3 x 45 mins, she slept terribly that night which I attributed to the big nap.   The next day she refused to go down for her last nap, naps are at 9.30, 13.00 and 16.00, she slept much better than she had for a long time, straight through until 4am, then into our bed.   Yesterday she napped 45mins, 25 mins, 30 mins...