or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

When my DD was about 1mos I bought what I thought was a Beco Butterfly off a Belgian site, it turned out I had read the ad wrong and it said 'like' Beco, it seems to be identical apart from where the front piece attaches to the shoulder straps the buckles are right at the top of the front piece conveniently right where your babes mouth is so she chews on them or they rub her cheek!   I used it at first with the infant insert but quickly she was too big for that and...
Just wondering how everyone is doing?   We got into this routine where DD would sleep until about 1-3am (I would give her her paci a few times), then she would wake up completely and come into bed with us, sleep until about 5/6am, then I would lay her on my chest whilst I was propped up on pillows and she would sleep another hour or so.  Although her cold seems totally gone during the day she always gets blocked up again at night, I can hear that her nose is blocked...
Does anyone have any tips for making a good chicken purree?  It's so hard to get a good consistency.  I steam it, blend it with some water, freeze it into ice cubes then defrost with a block of veg, say pumpkin, and some water but it still isn't really smooth.  Any that she gets on her face dries into little chicken bits that I have to pick out of her neck fold for the next hour!   DD is almost 6 1/2 months so how often should she be getting meat/fish?  I have heard...
I thought about doing BLW but I'm just so scared of her choking.  When I first had to start EPing we had some serious bottle issues.  She would choke, but not coughing and spluttering, her throat would close off and she wouldn't be able to breath and started turning white, it was the most scariest thing.  We had to feed her laying down sideways for about 6 weeks (she wasn't a premi)  Probably in about a month I will start offering her some chunks of things when my nerves...
'They' say that if babies don't learn to drink out of a cup before the age of 1 year it takes them much longer to get the hang of it as oppose to sucking out of a bottle.  Also that learning to close the lips around a cup helps later language development.   Well seen as though 'they' are not here to mop my floor every day I don't see any harm in a sippy cup!   Today there was sweet potato on the menu, I watered it down but it was still a little thicker than the pumpkin,...
I just wanted to post a little update here... I am currently catching about 90% of all poops!  Yay me, no more scraping poop off diapers and butts   DD nearly always poops after her 11.30 feed, she starts grunting a little or putting her feet together so I put her on the potty and she goes straight away, she has got so used to it though that if I put her on the potty after nap time for her to pee she starts to try and bear down to poop even though she doesn't need...
Thanks for your sensible replies mamas!   I started DD on some pumpkin puree at lunchtime three days ago and she loved it!  I couldn't believe it, no face pulling just her mouth wide open for another spoon.  Oh my goodness what a mess though!  I tuck a paper towel down her neck, then a plastic bib with arms, then a towel across her legs and it still got everywhere including up her nose   I really didn't think she would know what to do with it but she def got a...
Well it looks like my pumping days may be over...   I was down to 3 times a day and was trying to keep going like this for an extra month or until my milk dried up.  Because I'm pumping less I'm putting my milk in the fridge where as before I would try to keep it at room temp.  When I was giving her her last bottle she only drank about half of it and was arching her back away from the bottle.  I tried feeding her upstairs, because I thought downstairs was too noisy...
It's official, my little one her her first cold  
My 6mos DD has a jumperoo and she loves it!  I let her go in it 3x10 mins or so a day, once when we are eating dinner because she gets quite cranky before bedtime.  She is able to expend quite a lot of energy in the thing which is great because she can't crawl or sit up yet and it really frustrates her...   She's in it right now going craaaazy!  It gives me time to have a coffee without worrying she's going to snatch it out of my hand   She's also very clear on...