or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

Yup that's how it goes here to!  Most of the time the paci lands under the crib or our bed, thank goodness I now have two glow in the dark ones!   Normally DD takes 3 45 min naps, yesterday her morning nap was nearly two hours.  She was asleep by about 19.50 but the 'paci and rolling dance' started already before midnight!  Somewhere between 12-1 I put her in our bed (this seems to be happening every night now but normally around 4) and I think she/we got some sleep...
  Hmm maybe i'm not washing them hot enough?  I have the microfibre inserts.  I washed them once before use but then read somewhere that that wasn't enough so I washed them twice more. Each time I have used detergent though.  My machine only does a pre-wash at 85f and I wasn't sure if that was cold enough so I do a cold wool program which is basically a stone cold soak, then a synthetic wash at 85f, is this hot enough?  Then an extra rinse, then the inserts go in the...
Well the guidelines here are that formula babies start around 4 months and BF babies around 6 months.  The last time I had an appointment was around 5 months, I said I hadn't started purees yet because she has zero interest in food, she said that was fine but I MUST start at 6 months.  My DD will be on formula at 6 months (I can't EP any more) so maybe it's different than an EBF baby?  I have no idea why they would force solids on an EBF baby!   Re gluten, this is...
  Of course after I said that...DD came into bed with me around 4am and slept like a log spooned up to me, first time ever!  Unfortunately I didn't sleep because I really wasn't very comfortable and my neck was cold.  I think if she keeps coming into our bed I will have to get a turtle neck!  See where she gets her cold blood from?  I kind of worry about how close her face is to mine if she's facing me, that she will be breathing in my 'dead' air...
So I've been using the Best Bottoms for a couple of weeks now but I keep having leaks.  Mostly on the front right side around the gusset, even when she has only been laying on her back.  I think the non pul material of the inside of the gusset must be wicking the moisture up from the insert.  I change her every two hours but it even happened when i changed her after 1 1/2 hours so it's not like she's soaking.   I ordered the large inserts, from 7.3kg, because she was...
I don't think it was TP because the same thing happened yesterday when I had been meticulous about not leaving anything in the potty.  It was kind of fibrous.  I remember giving lots of urine samples when I was pregnant and there were things like that in there too.  I guess it's normal and like you said if it had been in the diaper I wouldn't of seen it, she has no fever or anything so i guess it's just one of those things.
She's 5 1/2 mos.  She sleeps in a long sleeved body suit, pajamas with feet on, socks on her hands and a sleep sack.  Granted it's not the thickest sleep sack.  That should be more than enough shouldn't it?  I know they always say babes should sleep with one more layer of clothing on than you but DH was in bed with just boxers on under the duvet and was perfectly happy.  I had a small top on (for keeping the breast pads in place!) long sleeved pajamas and the duvet up to...
HELP!   DD just pee'd in the potty again and there was a little piece of something in there!  I know adults have weird little tissue looking things in their urine but is it normal for a 5 month old to have this?  
It's so cute that they want to dump the potty out and flush it themselves!   I think i'm just going to keep offering the potty after every nap so she is used to it and when she is a bit bigger I might experiment with diaper free time.  I got her two Babybjorn pottys, the chair model and a little one (two piece) and the first day I tried her on the little one on the floor after naps but she was so busy looking around nothing happened, today i put the little one on the...
I have the No Cry Sleep Solution too, some of it was really useful but I felt it really concentrated on nursing a lot, I'm EPing.  I start DD's bedtime routine at about 19.15 and she's normally down and asleep at 20.00 maybe that's still too late.  The thing is we're on a 3 hour bottle schedule during the day, she has one bottle at 17.30, then the next one at 19.45 which is already less than three hours so if I want to put her to bed sooner do I have to make her whole...