or Connect

Posts by clairebear3

Oops, I've just read on another forum about someone washing her new inserts 5 times before using them.  I've only washed them once   Should I was them again, with or without detergent and drying in between?  Such a noooob!
Maybe every other time is enough?   Can someone urgently give me an opinion?  I'm on the point of ordering a few more BB covers and now I have found someone who can ship me the hook and loop covers, thing is they say they normally don't offer to sell them because because it wears out and breaks more quickly than the snaps and that after a while babies can get it undone (which they must be able to do with sposies as well then?)  Anyone used both of them for a while and...
Well I finally got my Best Bottoms a few days ago!  The inside of the shells was a lot less plasticky (sp?) that I thought it was going to be.  I had watched some reviews on youtube and I thought it was going to be super shiny slippery plastic but it’s actually softer than I thought.  I got the large inserts and even though I use the snaps to make the rise of the diap smaller, the insert still fits in really well without too much sticking out the top.  I ordered the...
Thanks for your reply, we had two pee's in the toilet after nap time yesterday :)   I'm relieved it won't cause a problem.  I remember hearing several time over the years that if you start potty training a child before they are two that they are too young to understand it and will refuse it, so it seems really sensible to get her used to it now.  I'm definitely going to get her a potty to make it a bit easier.  I think it will be easy when I stop EPing to catch some...
Congratulations!  That is amazing!   I'm currently at 5 months and it seems like forever.  How many times a day are you pumping now?   What a nice surprise it must of been to find that milk  
Forgot to say that i will be going back to work when DD is 1yr8mos, not sure if she will be going to childcare or family but not sure if they will be willing to do EC...
I have been reading through these threads and looking at some videos on Youtube and starting to get really intrigued by ECing!  Yesterday for the hell of it when my DD woke after her nap I held her over the toilet and she looked at me like 'what is this cold thing on my butt!' but today after her morning nap she pee'd in the toilet!!  It was the funniest thing   I do have some concerns before I go down this route though.  We have had some really rough nights this...
Well I've had my Ellaroo for a little bit now and I just love it!  It's so much quicker to put on than the Moby.  It took me a while to get the hand of it, I have to thread the tail through the first ring and then make sure it's properly gathered before putting it through the second one, I seem to have more problems getting it off!  Little Astrid really loves it, she can see everything really well and be close to mama and when it's nearly naptime you can see that she...
My DD is 5 months old and has not really had any solids, apart from a try of avocado to see if she was ready, she was not!  Over here the health visitors say we have to start solids no later than 6 months.  DH has celiacs disease so I informed with the UK Celiac society what was the best age to introduce gluten, they said before 6 months when the baby is still getting breast milk.  Two other doctors have since told me the same.  I am currently EPing and will be doing so...
Im so tired, so tired!   I thought I had cracked it 2 nights ago.  I had read that rice cereal is very hard to digest and lays heavy on the tummy so I didn't give DD any before bed.  I also unplugged the night-light we were using incase it was waking her up more.  She slept from 8pm until 5am with me popping the paci in twice.  Then she had a bottle and slept until 8.30am, it was heaven and I thought 'problem solved it was the rice cereal'.  Last night I did exactly...