or Connect

Posts by Glimmersnaps

I'm following :)   My blog is glimmersnaps. I do a little homelearning stuff (I plan to start doing more!) and a lot of organization and DIY-type stuff. All easy stuff, though. Lol I don't have any power tools. Have you checked out Peaceful Parenting? She has some really great ideas and a good blogroll. Also I like How we Montessori
There are some great photos and ideas on these blogs:   http://jen-peacefulparenting.blogspot.com/2011/10/infant-and-young-toddler-montessori_13.html   http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2009/10/treasure-basket.html   and    http://www.modernparentsmessykids.com/2011/11/we-tried-it-discovery-bottles.html   Where did you get the box with the door? Is it a "Montessori" thing? We have a Melissa and Doug puzzle with the big knobs. He likes to...
I was just talking to a co-worker last week about this. Both our one-year-olds wake up between sleep cycles to nurse back to sleep. I'd love to know if he will grow out of this. I really hate the type of sleep training advice I get. I'd just like to know if there's something I can do to help or if I can wait it out... Interested to see what others have to say!
My babe was much younger when he had to be put under GA for an MRI. It's a different situation, but we could nurse up until 5 hours before and I was not allowed in the MRI room. They explained that having extra people in the room while he was being put under might be a distraction for the doctors. I'm not going to lie, it was really difficult because he was crying from hunger and I had to hand him over to a nurse. I was told in advance that I could stay with him, so that...
I had an early teether too. Yes for him all the teeth started lining up down there and then sort of took turns sloooowly popping out. I think by 6 months we switched from Tylenol to Ibuprofen/Motrin. I do think it helped when teething tablets weren't enough. He didn't like cold things at all. The best thing I could do for him was really just distractions. It might help to take him out and get his mind off his tiny, aching teeth.    On the plus side, he will be able...
Sorry... I need to go to bed and I didn't read through all the suggestions so sorry if I repeat...   DS is exactly the same way. He loves picking up beans and little cut up carrots. Also I give him toast like you but I put things like hummus or dal on it. He also likes to feed himself with a little teaspoon. I usually 'load' the spoon with something that will stay on it like peanut butter (the fresh ground stuff from Whole Foods) or yogurt.    So going to try...
I've been meaning to preserve our DS memories for a year now... I say do something-- anything-- now. I want to make a few photo collages and slideshows (maybe iMovie?) of special events and photos with friends and family. I also have a box of cards and stuff and a calender I scribbled a few notes on.    Thanks for this post because it reminded me to get my act together!
@bookwise I know what you mean about the complexion stuff... DH is Indian so we hear a lot of color comments from his family. His brother had a baby girl around the same time and there are lots of comparisons between them. I'm glad though that they weren't both girls because then it would have been worse :(    I get the sleeping through the night A LOT. Sometimes I fib and say yes because I don't want to hear about how he needs to CIO or whatever... although I DO...
Ah I just started another thread with a similar issue. Wool didn't work for us, but I've heard it works for others. I just tried the Kawaii Baby Goodnights Heavy Wetter diaper. So far, so good. It's a pocket diaper with a 2 mega big inserts. They are more affordable than most, so I was willing to give them a try. I'm also open to other suggestions...
DS is an average wetter but a wild sleeper. We always used a snappied PF with either a wool or Thirsties cover. We tried a couple of snazzy hemp or organic cotton fitteds, but the problem isn't in the absorbency-- it's his moving around. I guess what happens is that the cloth part (PF or fitted) ends up peeking out of whatever kind of cover we use. I even bought a size large Thirsties and that didn't help.   So now I'm branching out. My thought is that if he wears a...