or Connect

Posts by GentleCatholic

I love this quotation! I'm going to tuck it away to use with healthcare providers for a long time to come. 
Hi friends! I've missed coming on this board, but my anxiety about loss just kept me not wanting to touch pregnancy thoughts for a while.    I just got back from the OB and heard the little heartbeat, so my stress level has plummeted for today. I was so nauseated for several weeks there, which I hated, and then it tapered off, which I also hated because I immediately thought the worst.    I'm a little peeved by how I was treated at my OB's. It was my first...
I wish I could just reach out and squeeze all of your hands! I'm so grateful that each of you has posted, but I'm so sorry that we're going through this fearful time.    This may sound absurd, but over the past day or so I've tried to put the baby out of my mind. Of course I'm not drinking alcohol or neglecting my vitamins, but I've just compartmentalized this experience and shelved it until I can get some answers on the 16th. My lack of symptoms is continuing, and I...
(So embarrassed about my overpost! I swear I never will again! Oh, Google Chrome, things like this always happen on you...)
This is my first pregnancy, an incredible surprise after seeing my terribly pitted ovaries on the ultrasound and being told that it would be a struggle for sure to conceive. The knowledge that I have PCOS does feed into my concern about an elevated risk of miscarriage.    I've had two beta tests, my last one on Thursday, February 1, but joy has given way to a desperate fear. It certainly does not help that I've lost most of my worst, earliest symptoms, which for me...
My one and only pee-strip hasn't faded yet, and so I haven't been able to throw it away yet. Having faced fertility challenges, and looking at so many negative tests just cursing and willing that line to appear, I just can't bear to toss this object in the trash.    Look for me on an episode of "Hoarders" sometime in the next few years...
My one and only pee-strip hasn't faded yet, and so I haven't been able to throw it away yet. Having faced fertility challenges, and looking at so many negative tests just cursing and willing that line to appear, I just can't bear to toss this object in the trash.    Look for me on an episode of "Hoarders" sometime in the next few years...