or Connect

Posts by Babinogi

wow, she's already crawling- sounds like you have a very lively spirit over there. my son elfyn is on his way to crawling but not quite yet. he perfers me being his legs at the moment - likes to be in the Ergo and watch me as i go through chores around the house, which is not always easy with a nosey lump o' baby on my chest.  i'm doing the baby led weaning as well and starting off with bits of fruit and avocado, which he loves, and sweet potatoes and a bit of pea and...
thanks, it's been hard finding the time for computerland, i couldn't find the new baby threa so i had to post this one. hope your babies are well spring mum & oak
Dear Friends, Please welcome my little baby boy, Elfyn Wyn to the world. He was born October 15th (finally getting time to post this!)   (Elfyn is a Welsh name, pronounced EL-VIN; one "f" in Welsh is pronounced like a "v" as in the English word "of")   He was born after 16 hours of labour.  Started off as a Water Birth, but then there was a question about his heart rate slowing, so I had to get out and labour in various positions in the birthing room.  After 2...
Beautiful photos! Inspirational! Congrats Aria Rose!
OH AND I SEE WE CAN WELCOME ANNABELLA TOO! CONGRATS!!!! I love the name Annabella - a gorgeous name!
WELCOME GRACE, SIMON AND ASPEN EVE!!!! WHAT BEAUTIFUL NAMES! Welcome to the world!   Wow, this is so exciting -  I think I'll stay close to this page - hoping it will get things flowing as I am 5 days overdue ;-) Gorgeous photo Aurora - Aspen Eve is beautiful!   2.5 hours of labour! Wow, now that is inspiring!
Thanks Oak Tree, Well, they haven't scheduled me for induction - just my friend - and she has the right to refuse. For me they just offered membrane sweep and I declined my midwife. My doctor actually said that i should decline and let nature take its course- now that's a first. on 11 days past due date I have an appointment at the day clinic just to make sure all is well with the baby, so luckily, no mention of "induction" for me.   My midwife prescribed:...
Hellooooo!   I am now, 3 days past my due date and I've only just got a charge of energy finally today to stand all day and clean - hoping that helps baby to get down.  My poor friend is a week over due and they are talking to her about inducing her on thursday. I don't want this to happen to me.  I have a midwife appointment tomorrow and she had said that if I didn't have the baby by then, she could do a membrane sweep. What do you all think of that - 4 days past...
Oops, I forgot to mention why I listed the Stevie Wonder songs!   I was making a birthing mixed CD of beautiful harp music, folk and classical and it relaxes me but what I really found works the best when I'm in pain or discomfort is putting on some vintage Stevie Wonder and dancing around the room - his music is full of such positivity and joy and funk that it's impossible to be miserable!  If you move your feet it helps to distract from pain.
My due date is today and I started getting menstrual feelings the last few nights in the middle of the night and then it goes away. Today I had it for a few hours and then it goes away. No painful contractions, mucus or water yet - just very emotional and tired.  I feel for all of you who are getting the long-extended play up.   Juju Sundain's book Birth Skills is brilliant and talks about moving your feet - stomping your feet in the shower, or just taking one foot...