or Connect

Posts by PachaMamita

Hey! Sorry it took almost half a year to reply!    Thank you everyone for the helpful suggestions and everything. Haven't read them all yet, but do appreciate it.   I am not Peruvian, gitanamama, but I was born in Bolivia, and I have lived and traveled in Perú. You?
WinniePam,    You wrote:   Also try probiotics for an added boost- try the ones they sell at health food stores or the Vitamin Shoppe or Whole Foods. Start slowly as it may cause something called die off.   What is die off? I would be very interested to know because the instructions on my DD's probiotics say to start gradually with it, and I always wondered why.   Thank you!
By the way, forgot to ask, WTH does "Failure to Thrive" really mean anyway? Is it self-explanatory, or is there more to it? How strict of a definition does it have? Should I be afraid? I am already pretty worried, but trying to not be scared that my baby is going to waste away, but is that what it really means?   She seems so happy and healthy otherwise...
  Constipation affecting hunger totally makes sense. So, maybe if I work on the constipation, she'll eat more.   I will attempt the smoothies, although our house stays so cold now, I hate making her even more cold by feeding her frozen stuff. It would be great for summer.    I had been giving her probiotic powder... need to get back into it again.
I know, I too feel like the hair and the teeth have to be related. I had forgotten to mention, she already has a cavity, and I've been so good about not feeding her sugar! But, I wasn't so good about cleaning her teeth at first... :(   So as far as all that, I have quit my daily cup of coffee, and even anything remotely caffeinated to see if that helps (on most days. still need a little something every once in a while). And, I think it is helping her mood if nothing else....
This is a good hint. Hadn't thought of it, but could totally make sense. Especially since I have a nut sensitivity, and did actually consume nuts a handful of times since I got preggy. I probably have a gluten allergy too.   Thank you, will try the elimination on those three big ones, and let you know how it goes...
It's been forever since I logged on, but I am so desperate to get to the bottom of this. My once chunky and healthy DD, who just turned 21 months, has now been classified as "Failure to Thrive" by the pediatrician.   Her weight gain has gradually and slowly been declining since shortly after a year old.   She is very bright, energetic, developing well, and seems to actually be thriving, but hasn't put on any weight in the past month or two. In the months before...
Hello, friendlies!   My 15-month old DD just started using the potty a couple of days ago, yay!!!    So far, she only successfully makes it to the potty once a day.    Can I start using training pants? I'm so excited for this new phase, and to phase out diapers, but I don't want to rush and ruin the path she is on. I don't know anything about training pants! Are they pretty self-explanatory?   I will post in the toddler forum, and in the Life with a Babe...
Hello, friendlies!   My 15-month old DD just started using the potty a couple of days ago, yay!!!    So far, she only successfully makes it to the potty once a day.    Can I start using training pants? I'm so excited for this new phase, and to phase out diapers, but I don't want to rush and ruin the path she is on. I don't know anything about training pants! Are they pretty self-explanatory?   I will post in the Life with a Babe forum, and in the EC forum...
Hello, friendlies!   My 15-month old DD just started using the potty a couple of days ago, yay!!!    So far, she only successfully makes it to the potty once a day.    Can I start using training pants? I'm so excited for this new phase, and to phase out diapers, but I don't want to rush and ruin the path she is on. I don't know anything about training pants! Are they pretty self-explanatory?   I will post in the toddler forum, and in the EC forum...