or Connect

Posts by WatersEdge

Though I didn't know anyone who called their parents by first names when I was growing up, I have met a couple families over the years who do.  I'm pretty easy going about that kind of thing (i.e. not big deal) although it seemed odd at first.  Just because I hadn't seen / heard it before.   And then there's my kids.  They call me Mom or Mommy, but the two youngest call their dad Tom, I'd say about 90% of the time.  I always thought it was because I also have older...
Thanks for the advice... the kids have been holding up really well so far.  Ex says they talk about it sometimes, he often gets the sense they are consoling him (he is taking it hard but holding it together).     So far it's only come up a few times when they are with me.  We talk about her for a few minutes, recall some nice memories, they have cried a little bit.  I feel like if I were in their shoes, I'd be devastated ~ more than what I'm seeing here, but then, I...
Oh sorry, didn't mean to intrude on Special Needs parenting board -- not sure how I got here!    I don't really have anything to contribute to this discussion, I saw the title of this post and had to have a look.  Keeping a clean, neat house is something I've been thinking about a lot lately.      
That was a good blog post!  I'm not diagnosed with anything, but I majorly struggle with keeping up on the housework.  I put a lot of time into it, but laundry is a big problem of mine, and just keeping things picked-up and put away. . .    Bathroom is pretty clean though, kitchen too, except the floor.  But that's only because I get really freaked out if my kitchen or bathroom isn't clean, I can't stand it, sort of makes me sick, so I make it a priority to get it...
Hi everyone    Please excuse me for just hopping right in here.  I don't participate in discussion groups much anymore, but I was here when my kids were babies. . . I belonged to a lot of boards back then & don't recall my old username, though.     To get to my question:  my sons' stepmother died suddenly a few days ago.  She was only in her early 30s.  Everyone is shocked, no one expected this.  Poor ex DH is devastated.     Just talked to him & he said they...
  It jumped out at me that both your older dc are taking Chinese.  If it isn't too personal, I was wondering if it's because your family is Chinese, or another cultural (?) reason of that nature, or because you want them to know the language so they'll have an advantage in the business or foreign relations world, when they grow up?  Either way, I think it's a great idea.  :)     Anyway, to the question. . .  Both of my kids are in soccer.  There are two seasons each...