or Connect

Posts by Lulu0910

I am still breastfeeding my 23MO and refuse to stop intill he says no!  It's his choice that I happily comply!    The reason why is because I refuse to believe that at the magical number of 12MO my glands dry out and my DS stops wanting/needingi it.  A cow is not a replacement for MY milk which is gold to him.   
Hi there to build on a previous thread.  I'm a part of a mom's network and this is always one hot topic of discussion.  My best advice is to put together an awesome presentation of your skills.  Rather than a traditional resume create an executive summary of all of your skills.  The next part is hard but a strong drive and a "I'd rather die then give up attitude." is what will land your home based job.  If it's admin work you are looking to do.  Send your resume to an...
On and off for the past couple of weeks.  My 23mo DS will eat most of what is given to him.  But every so often he will hold the food in his mouth then spit it out???  I'm not concerned about any sensory issue since he will eat just fine.  How does one get past this stage?  I've tried saying "take smaller bites." or asking him if the wants some water.  I'm not serving him anything that is hard to chew.  He's picky in the sense that one day he will eat noodles then the...
Adaline'sMama--- I have to say one of my biggest pet peeves to any argument is throwing a race card.  Really???  If you google "mom's arrested for spanking her child."  You would find the mother's "race/nationality" is all across the board.  The Texas case was merely "ONE" out of pages upon pages of different cases.  Her nationality, race, religious standing has absolute no bearing in this conversation.  After all correct me if I'm wrong this topic is about "SPANKING"...
Adaline'sMama wrote: To be fair, most gen x-ers dont spank either. Where is this info coming from as far as "banning". Here in KY it is not illegal to spank your kid as long as you are not "causing death, serious physical injury, disfigurement, extreme pain, or extreme mental distress."   Here is a list of the laws state-by-state: http://kidjacked.com/legal/spanking_law.asp     FYI:  Google "States that banned...
I've thought about this since reading this thread and a few more comments.   Spanking is very popular among the Baby boomer generation.  As a child I remember in public when a child misbehaves it was common practice to smack them.  In fact the other momma's would give you dirty looks till you silenced your child.    A generation that condoned "Children should be seen but not heard."  Translation a baby boomer would beat the living daylights out of you if you...
As a child I was spanked often with a hand, belt, the absolute worse a long thing rubber tube that thanks to my brother mysteriously disappeared.  If I(we) made too much noise, the wind blew the wrong way, bad grade, it rained outside and we hung up our clothes in the bathroom.  Anything she construed as being defiant.  If she felt that we didn't learn our lesson the first time she made the beatings were intense.  What did I learn from all of this??????  How to NEVER...
I understand what you're saying but some kids just aren't ready at that age.   Abouttobe5---The fact being that we teach babies to poo/pee in diapers says alot just think about that.    About naked time it's a bit difficult since my 19MO son is half naked at home all day.  The reason why I do it is for convenience for me and him.  He's not at the point where he can pull down his pants and go.  It's easier that he is naked so he can go by himself when he wants...
You just described my 19MO DS!!  Since he was 6MO he ALWAYS fought me on diaper changes.  At 15MO I threw in the towel and started PTing.  Now at 19MO He only wears a pullup at night and on errands(depending).  That has saved my sanity and back!   Don't worry about the screaming from your part.  We are human too and we have our limits.  It's not bad at all for your LO to see mommy lose her cool.  It's a learning process on both ends ALL the time.  Better let out then...
I'm there with you!  It's aggravating the you know what out of me!  My DS 19MO practically everytime I sit down wants to nurse but not really.  He just wants to sit there with my nipple in his mouth without sucking.  What I learned and he throws a fit everytime is to lay down when he wants to "nurse."  When I'm done sit up slowly as to not cause injury to your nipple from teeth ouch!  It's funny and stupid but I was watching some nature show.  It showed calves with their...