or Connect

Posts by Lulu0910

My DS is 19MO I still breastfeed I enjoy the bonding time.  Lately it's really getting to me and I know in my heart of heart it shouldn't  My supply is dipping he tries to feed 5-7 times.  Everytime I sit down (not often!) he will pull on my shirt and most times I can distract him but sometimes I can't.  If I let him he will suckle on a breast for over 5 minutes despite no milk.  At that point ouch it hurts.  The minute I go to get up he becomes upset.  I'm torn between...
Bluewolf Don't worry!!!  First things first take a deep breath.  Forget rewards.  Approach it as matter of fact after all it is a normal part of life.  It seems to me that you are putting way too much pressure on her.  That is backfiring big time.  Stop using diapers and learn her cues of when she has to go.  With my DS he will do two things:  he runs to hide and he has a faraway look in his eyes.  At that point I take him to the washroom close the door behind him and he...
I started PT my DS at 17MO now at 19MO I'm having major success!  A few things I've learned and hopefully can help you too.   1.  Going poo or pee is NOT a reward!  How would you like a sticker everytime you went to the bathroom?  It teaches LO's that PT is a game rather then a NATURAL function of life.  Which leads to regression once the stickers and praise stops.  "If mommy doesn't care anymore why should I."    2.  Approach PTing as matter of fact.  Introduce...
Motherhendoula---  What helped my DS "click" was my unrelenting persistence and patience!  Do lots of naked time let him poo/pee but when he does say "accidents happen we poo and pee in the potty though."  Watch him closely I know easier said then done especially while doing daily chores/cooking.  But when he gets really quiet and hides that is most likely when he will go.  Look at your DS's eyes.  When peeing/pooing my DS has a far away look then once he's going he...
An update!   I'm happy I posted this a few months back.  Since I wrote this many changes have happened.  My almost 19MO DS is becoming very consistent in peeing and pooing in the potty.  Only minimal accidents here and there.  When he has to go he goes by himself to the bathroom.  Only when I see he's distracted but has to go will I intervene and gently push "go potty."  He still wears a pullup at night but we are on the right track.  Thinking back to some of the...
No offense meant by stating a possible "autism."  That is what came to mind after reading the post.  My friend was in a state of complete shock and disbelief when her DD was diagnosed with Autism.  I saw the pain it caused her she felt completely blindsided. It's best to be as blunt as possible and explain your thoughts.  Otherwise the girl will suffer unnecessary.  A good therapist can help you help her cope.  I highly recommend this girl be evaluated by a...
http://www.mothering.com/community/f/41/parents-as-partners   Adaline's Mama thank you for your suggestions.  The link you provided doesn't work.
Sounds to me like she has autism.  My friend's daughter is the same way.  Can't play with other children.  When you said that she can't handle noise that was a big indicator.  They can't tolerate loud noises, singing, shouting.  Does she rock back and forth?  The parroting is common among them as well.  Has the mother gone through early intervention with her child? 
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.  They should create a marriage section!   My situation is very different.  My DH was abused mentally and physically by his mother.  That is now affecting his relationship with me.  We are having the SAME argument at the worst time.  Right when I'm going to sleep is when he wants to "talk."  It's the same he feel's lonely in our marriage, doesn't feel I'm making any effort, and brings up divorce often.  I know he has issues...
Averylamb---Great idea!  I have gotten into the habit of asking him if he feel's lonely and loved.  The days he's fine he will say he's ok but other days he will say he has issues to work out.  Last night he was trying to hurt me for no reason at all.  This is a pattern that I wish I knew how to break him out of.  His mother did the same to him just picks a fight for no reason.  I realized last night that when he has a certain look to leave him alone.  Otherwise he will...