or Connect

Posts by morgainesmama

Thanks.   The story is unfolded and it's ridiculously convoluted, and stepmom is doing what I've heard called "poisoning the well."  My heart is broken for my kids and I'm more than a bit worried.  I don't want to post the details all up publicly out of respect for their privacy.  Thanks for the advice.  I'm going to start seeking out some experienced social workers and therapists to help the kids and I navigate this soap opera.  :(
Has nobody else experienced this? 
My children are 11yo girl, 8yo boy, 6yo boy (I also have a baby girl from the new marriage).  Their dad and I split about 6 years ago.   11 months after he moved out he had a baby with his new wife.  2 more babies followed.  She brought three children of her own to the marriage.  So my children, aside from each other and my daughter, have: 13yo stepsister and 10yo stepsister, Best friends and age peers of my oldest. 7yo stepbrother, best friend and age peer of my...
Kristi here, Chair of the BCIA. The recall did not happen last week -- which is great news. However, the company has not heard anything, so it could be released this week, or next, or not at all. We have heard that a few senators from TBW's list (those senators/reps are the members of the Commerce Committee that funds/oversees the CPSC) are willing to investigate what's up. Also, in the sample recall text (printed on CPSC letterhead, which I have seen with my own...
I use a laid back, integrated approach to language arts, overlapping reading, grammar, writing, and spelling into whatever unit we're working on. This approach is not working for my 3rd grader. Writing assignments almost always end in tears. He hates it. And he always wants to "get it over with" right away, which doesn't work in our integrated approach. I'm looking for a pre-written language arts curriculum for a 3rd grader that integrates (ideally) reading,...
http://babycarrierindustryalliance.org is live and accepting members. Membership for friends of babywearing starts as low as $25 and will fund legal and other efforts to work with the CPSC to put into place standards that are affordable to achieve for the WAHMS we all know and love! Business membership starts at only $100.
With my first pregnancy, I had a terrible cough. As in, during my college art class, I kept leaving the room with loud, prolonged coughing fits, and during a really bad one was kind of hanging onto the wall so I wouldn't fall over and coughed til my water broke (I was 40 weeks though!). Labor started naturally about 5 hours later. The coughing in labor didn't bother me. The coughing with a postpartum bottom was MISERABLE. Have you tried taking a tablespoon...
Keene shoes are really nice and wide. My feet are EEE width not pregnant, and pregnant they spread out. I really prefer bare feet in pregnancy, but the Keene's are comfy even on my preggo feet. A little $$$ though.
I honestly didn't know the difference for sure until about an hour or two before my babies were born. I think my body does the work of labor bit by bit -- which is great, because the end comes fast. I was 4cm the day before my last ds was born, but there were a few nights of being up wondering "is this it?" and pouring water on my belly, knowing that if it stopped after 2-3 hours, it wasn't it. If it continued, I was having the baby. All three of my children...
xh loved the name Evening. (which is a lovely name if your last name isn't "Hayes," lol!)